Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Canadian Thanksgiving is almost here. Anybody have a turkey stuffin' recipe? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450433)

happy2beamom 10-04-2012 12:15 PM

Canadian Thanksgiving is almost here. Anybody have a turkey stuffin' recipe?

So, stuffing ..... I don't eat it after i made my first turkey and used a 'family recipe' and got sick (nobody else so it wasn't food poisoning :blush:)

I tried another online recipe last year and attempted to eat it, manageable because it was so different (with apples and cinnamon and raisins), but everybody else DID NOT like it.

So, we are having turkey dinner Sunday and i need a stuffing recipe that does NOT have poultry seasoning in it (read first turkey experience - the smell makes me vomit :banghead:). DH loves stuffing and i was a little upset he hated last years. The kids ONLY eat stove top, so this is basically for DH and HIS family :blush:

Hit me with your best recipe PLEASE :mrgreen:

Oh, and what else do YOU serve with turkey? I'd like to spice things up this year :giggle2:

dagmomma 10-04-2012 12:17 PM

Re: Canadian Thanksgiving is almost here. Anybody have a turkey stuffin' recipe?

SO JEALOUS!!!! I want thanksgiving food so bad and we have to wait another month. Is it too late to become Canadian?

dagmomma 10-04-2012 12:18 PM

Re: Canadian Thanksgiving is almost here. Anybody have a turkey stuffin' recipe?

Oh and check out the whole foods recipes page. They have a rosemary stuffing and a cornbread stuffing both are to die for!

delicatefade 10-04-2012 12:36 PM

I once had a great one with dried cranberries in it. I don't have the recipe though. I LOVE stuffing!

Gerdgrid 10-04-2012 01:17 PM

This recipe is pretty non-traditional, so I'm not sure if it would fly with some people. But I've been making it for almost 10 years now and it's a family favorite around here.

Cajun Corn Bread Stuffing

happy2beamom 10-04-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagmomma (Post 15769275)
SO JEALOUS!!!! I want thanksgiving food so bad and we have to wait another month. Is it too late to become Canadian?

Well, we celebrate both :blush: DD is American (has dual citizenship now) and we lived in the US for 3 years so we do the American holidays for her :goodvibes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagmomma (Post 15769282)
Oh and check out the whole foods recipes page. They have a rosemary stuffing and a cornbread stuffing both are to die for!

Okay, thanks :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by delicatefade (Post 15769375)
I once had a great one with dried cranberries in it. I don't have the recipe though. I LOVE stuffing!

I've heard that cranberry with some kind nuts stuffing is good. Too bad you don't have a recipe :drif:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaci (Post 15769571)
This recipe is pretty non-traditional, so I'm not sure if it would fly with some people. But I've been making it for almost 10 years now and it's a family favorite around here.

Cajun Corn Bread Stuffing

See, i LOVE LOVE LOVE me cornbread. Everybody else rates it in their top 10 things NOT to eat :banghead: See why this is so difficult :yuck:

Gerdgrid 10-04-2012 01:27 PM

Is it an option to ask your MIL for her recipe? Assuming, of course, your DH likes her stuffing :giggle:

happy2beamom 10-04-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaci (Post 15769631)
Is it an option to ask your MIL for her recipe? Assuming, of course, your DH likes her stuffing :giggle:

See, i tried that last year. Apparently it is (and i'll quote you for you) "just a little bit of this and a little bit of that" :banghead: Seriously, i even said 'okay, then do you think you can make the stuffing', and did it happen, NOPE. Last minute i ended up looking a recipe up online and making it :cry: 2 hours AFTER it was in the oven she said, oh, the stuffing :banghead:

Mommy2Be08 10-04-2012 01:39 PM

All I put in mine is bread, groud sage, onion, maybe some garlic, add oil, a bit of water mix and stuff it in the turkey.

I've done it other ways where I've added other things but I always go back to simple.

sahmofthree 10-04-2012 02:28 PM

Can't help much with stuffing recipe, as we're stove top lovers here! I've never had a homemade stuffing that tastes as good as stove top :giggle:. I do like to add pork sausage to mine though to give it a little kick.

But, as for everything else we're having, there's turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, dumplings, spetzle, gravy of course, broccoli salad, caesar salad, pumpkin bread.... and a few other things my aunts are making. I'm not sure what else they're making, probably salads and boring stuff. :)