Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Sellers, please, note the condition and flaws! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450444)

A21Lee 10-04-2012 12:58 PM

Sellers, please, note the condition and flaws!

I've been frustrated with a few transactions recently where sellers don't list the condition of items or neglect to note flaws. This is not a stab at anyone who has sold to me. This is a plea for anyone selling here to make a note if things are in need of repair, double check photos to make sure that they are a TRUE representation of the items being sent, and don't just say how long the items were used for as a means to note condition. The length of time someone uses an item doesn't give any indication of its condition because some people are "harder" on items, while others only use them occasionally. The condition can vary whether they are hand or machine-washed and if they are run through the clothes dryer versus line-dried. You really should LOOK at the items thoroughly before listing to note pilling, fading, stains, and Velcro strength. If there are any flaws at all, especially significant ones that may need repair, please, make a note of it in your posting.

When I buy things second-hand, I know they might not be as pretty as when they were new. I know not every photo can show exactly what you'll see when you put your own eyeball to the cloth. I guess, I'm just asking to keep in mind that not everyone sews, but more importantly most people buy items expecting them to be, at the very least, ready to wear unless noted otherwise.

Because condition is so subjective, I found this diaper condition description online and use it as a means to convey what condition my own items are in when I sell, so that what I say "EUC" or "GUC" the description truly matches the item's condition. I thought I would include it if it helps anyone else out.

***EUC: Diaper is nearly new, and may have been washed or tried on a few times. It will be hard to tell it apart from a new diaper without comparing them side by side. There will be little to no pilling, no fuzz in Velcro, white, fluffy inserts, and white inners.

***VGUC: Diaper has been used only a short while and has very minor flaws. It will have little to no pilling, possibly some lint in the Velcro, and occasional very light staining. If it has several minor flaws (snags, pilling, light staining, Velcro lint etc.) it is most likely “Good Used Condition” rather than “Very Good.”

***GUC: Diaper is fully functional, but shows signs of wear such as minor staining, slight pilling or snags and inserts that show some staining and/or flattening. Aplix closures may have some lint or fuzz, and might not be quite as sticky as when the diaper was new. Elastic is still in good shape. It may not look brand new, but a “Good Used Condition” diaper has lots of life left.

***UC: Diaper has obviously been used, though it is still fully functional and has some life left. It will probably have a stained and/or dingy and pilling inner, as well as dingy, stained or flattened inserts. The Velcro & laundry tabs will show definite signs of wear. Closure tabs may be curling & be not quite as sticky as when new, but they are still expected to work. The elastic may be relaxed, and while it still works, may need to be replaced in the near future. Nothing on the diaper should actually be falling apart or need repair immediately.

fish3737 10-04-2012 06:01 PM

Re: Sellers, please, note the condition and flaws!

There used to be a little guide like this stickied somewhere.

I think most sellers do for the most part try to list issues. They usually don't last long on here as sellers if they don't.

Especially now that the buyer seems to have so much power with Paypal.

But yes I do agree as much disclosure as possible is the easiest in the end for everyone.