Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Ebay: Received the wrong item!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450473)

jenni_michelle 10-04-2012 03:11 PM

Ebay: Received the wrong item!!

So I have three questions. First the back story...

I won an auction on a pair of red converse on Sept. 17th off of ebay. I was going to use them for a fall photo shoot with my boys, one of the photos I am/was going to do was to have a picture of these shoes. So with that being said I needed them to get to me soon, especially since nice weather for a photo shoot in our area starts to get iffy by October.

So a week goes by and no shipping/tracking info has been added :headscratch:. I think well maybe the seller just forgot to add it and it'll be here by the end of the month. So I wait till the estimated day ebay tells me it should arrive, which was Sept. 27th I think :thumbsup:. So that day comes and still no tracking info or shoes in my mailbox:banghead:. I email the seller asking about it. I get no word back after a day. So I get antsy and worried and say I'm going to file if I don't hear back within 48 hours from this new email. Well 24 hours later no email but tracking info is updated (it has just been sent on the 29th). So I just look over the fact that the seller didn't reply to my email and wait for the shoes. So yesterday October 3rd I get the shoes! YAY, right... nope it's NOT the right shoes :banghead::cry:!!!! So I email seller and seller responds back today saying it was a mix up and she sent my shoes to someone else. I can either ship back to her or ship them to the person who has my shoes.

So my questions are...
How the heck to I protect myself? I'd like to just send these shoes to the person who has my shoes directly as that'd be faster and I need these shoes like now lol. But I'm scared that somehow I won't get my shoes. Either way I'm iffy on how to protect myself, especially since I'm coming up on the 45 days to file.

Do I have to pay for shipping? I already paid the seller a larger amount on shipping then I normally would in the first place:banghead:. But like I said I really wanted these shoes and fast so I just overlooked it.

Second question is what kind of feedback should I give after all this is said and done. If I don't get the shoes obviously negative but what if it all works out okay. I still am irked with lack of communication and not getting them when I thought I'd at latest have them here by the beginning of October. This seller has 100% feedback currently, don't necessarily want to 'ruin' that.

Okay, whew that was a lot longer then expected! Thanks for reading! :goodvibes:

kimb96 10-04-2012 03:24 PM

Re: Ebay: Received the wrong item!!

I would return them to the seller and ask for a refund. Use delivery confirmation. The seller should refund your original purchase price including shipping. I would ask to be refunded for the additional cost of shipping them back but paypal doesn't hold the seller responsible for that. The cost of return shipping is assumed by the buyer but it doesn't hurt to ask. If you get all of your money back including return shipping, I'd leave a positive. Mistakes happen. I'd leave a neutral if you get stuck with the cost of shipping back. :2cents: