Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Mamas of girls, answer me this: (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450477)

sisu 10-04-2012 02:19 PM

Mamas of girls, answer me this:

What color(s) do you like best on your daughter(s)?

:rant:

I've spent a ton of time clothes shopping in the last few weeks and I'm ridiculously annoyed at the lack of color variety in girls' clothing. Pink, pink, purple, pink, yellow, pink, pink... Why don't they make girly clothes that aren't sparkly and pink?

Am I the only one that doesn't want to dress my pretty princess in PINK 95% of the time, or are there other weirdos out there too? ;)

BESMama 10-04-2012 02:22 PM

Re: Mamas of girls, answer me this:

hahaha! I avoided pink when my daughter was little so she didn't look like all the other little girls. Now, I have a 10 year old who refuses to wear pink. And even at this age it's tough to avoid it.

Now I'm pregnant again and hoping for a little girl I can dress in pink tutus...;)

sisu 10-04-2012 02:25 PM

It's not that I hate pink, really I don't mind it.... in moderation. It's just that as soon as I had a daughter my house suddenly looked like an explosion in a Pepto Bismol factory. :laugh:

SaraElise 10-04-2012 02:28 PM

After 2 boys, I was excited for *some* pink, but I do get annoyed when that is the only option!

My favorite colors on her are purple, green and yellow

EmilytheStrange 10-04-2012 02:29 PM

I like red. It's my favorite color and hers.

I like red with black, red with white. I like green on her.

I also like pink. In moderation. She loves pink. I pull out a diaper that's another color and she says 'no, pink!!!!!' unless it's a red one. She has taken that red diaper to bed with her :)

I would say that maybe 30% of her wardrobe has pink in it? no sparkly. Lots of blues and greens and only a couple red ( :( )

thtr4me 10-04-2012 02:30 PM

Don't have a girl, but I hate the color stereotyping in children's clothing. Boys clothing tends to be primarily dark blues, greens, and browns, with hints of other colors. Girls clothes are just an explosion of pink. I want bright cheerful colors on my kiddos, turquoise, lime green, orange, red, etc. I don't want to settle for a particular set of colors just because of the gender of my child.

stevensmom 10-04-2012 02:30 PM

I advoid pink too...dd looks awesome in purple, blue, green

Kiliki 10-04-2012 02:30 PM

LOL I hear you!

I prefer my DD in solid dark colored collared tees. It looks great with her blonde hair and blue eyes. But those are *REALLY* hard to find unless I'm looking at school uniform type stuff. Ugh.

I don't prefer all the pink.

I found a black and a dark purple v-neck T shirt at wal-mart the other day. :) They are out there. Have you checked Wal Mart? I actually think I saw some red and navy blue colors, too.

breefawn 10-04-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thtr4me
Don't have a girl, but I hate the color stereotyping in children's clothing. Boys clothing tends to be primarily dark blues, greens, and browns, with hints of other colors. Girls clothes are just an explosion of pink. I want bright cheerful colors on my kiddos, turquoise, lime green, orange, red, etc. I don't want to settle for a particular set of colors just because of the gender of my child.

I totally agree!

sisu 10-04-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiliki (Post 15769951)
I found a black and a dark purple v-neck T shirt at wal-mart the other day. :) They are out there. Have you checked Wal Mart? I actually think I saw some red and navy blue colors, too.

What, you mean like... LEAVE my HOUSE to go shopping?! NOOO! :reaction: