Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Cloth and circumcision (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450488)

BESMama 10-04-2012 02:44 PM

Cloth and circumcision

Let me start by saying this thread is not to debate the pros/cons of circumcision. :hugs:

However, for those who have circumcized, did you use sposies until he was healed? I just can't imagine how to use cloth with all the vaseline and whatnot....educate me please.

menthomas 10-04-2012 02:49 PM

With both my boys they sent home gauze squares so I just used those as the buffer zone between diaper and body. We never had any issues at all with sticking to diaper. I would have used those with disposable also. Just an extra layer.

Joyful Tie Dyes 10-04-2012 02:50 PM

Re: Cloth and circumcision

We don't circ but couldn't you use disposable liners?

BESMama 10-04-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes (Post 15770064)
We don't circ but couldn't you use disposable liners?

Not sure. I thought maybe so, but I think I really lay on the vaseline thick so I wasn't sure a liner would hold up.

Joyful Tie Dyes 10-04-2012 02:55 PM

I've heard you can use fleece liners and just dispose of them.

Malka 10-04-2012 03:23 PM

Just put vaseline/neosporin on a piece of gauze, and put that over it. I think I used neosporin with every change with youngest ds, and no vaseline. And continue until its healed. The gauze will keep it almost entirely off the diaper. I would do the same thing with sposies.

In case you're really concerned, I was a little laid back about using rash creams on ds when he was little, as he had a couple of lingering rashes. I didn't use anything with cod liver oil, but did use some non-cd safe creams. I did notice some residue on a diaper or two a couple times when taking them out of the washing machine to put in the dryer, so I scrubbed it off and threw them in for another wash. Ds is now 8 months, and there is no evidence on my diapers that this ever happened, and no repelling. So if a little bit gets through the gauze, the diapers should be fine in the long run.

jlsquire0324 10-04-2012 04:10 PM

So glad for this thread.. I was wondering the same thing in case LO is a boy, but I didn't want to get flamed :hide: :good vibes: Thanks OP

SkyeSpade 10-04-2012 04:15 PM

I used a liner, but they recommended that with sposies anyway, to prevent sticking. Instead of vaseline, which we used with DS1 and sposies, we used.CJ's. The ped and nurses were really impressed with it and I DS2 healed really nicely because of it.

BirthdayMama 10-04-2012 04:16 PM

I don't know what type of diapers you have, but I regularly use Vaseline with my all-cotton stash, and haven't had any problems at all. That's with months worth of uses, so I wouldn't think the week or do you're using it would be any worse. If you just have prefolds. I wouldn't let it anywhere near my synthetic diapers, though.

minneapolisite 10-04-2012 04:19 PM

We used freebie disposables from the hospital with a massive mound of vaseline between the penis and the diaper for about 10 days. Take enough hospital disposables to get you through approximately 10 days and you should be set. :)