Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anyone not measure THAT big and felt like they were carrying one baby but have twins? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450558)

kannondicarpo 10-04-2012 06:10 PM

Anyone not measure THAT big and felt like they were carrying one baby but have twins?

I'm 38w3d and at my appointment on Monday I was measuring between 39-43 depending on which MW measured me.

I've consistently been measuring ahead and they've been able to find the heartbeat in all four quadrants now. (This happened with my last singleton though!). I don't feel like this is crazy though because I know with the doppler it can bounce all over.

I don't FEEL like I'm carrying twins and I certainly don't feel big enough to have 2 in there.

I'm having a homebirth and I'm not getting an U/S. For the most part I'm able to put this out of my mind but there is this part of me that wonders "what if?".

I'm just wondering if anyone had signs that pointed to twins, didn't feel like there were twins but HAD twins??? Clear as mud, right? ;)

ETA: My thought of "what if" is just more to feed my curiosity -- if that makes any sense. I'm not scared or freaking out or anything. I would still have a HB and emotionally I can handle waiting until the day to know. I have identical twin sisters (25 now) so I have an idea of what life with twins is like.

twinpossible 10-04-2012 06:29 PM

Re: Anyone not measure THAT big and felt like they were carrying one baby but have tw

We had NO idea we were having twins until an emergency ultrasound, they were born a couple weeks later at 29 weeks. Measured large but really had no idea.

This time around I was also not planning on an ultrasound but I started bleeding a lot at 12 weeks so we agreed to one and there was only one little rainbow waving back.

Looking back on it all I can say that with the twins I had a BFP really early...8dpo I think. The test line came up RED before the control line appeared. That should have been a clue :giggle2:
Now that you are so far along there is no way to really tell unless you get an ultrasound. Or you wait until the birth and see TWO!

kannondicarpo 10-04-2012 07:01 PM

Re: Anyone not measure THAT big and felt like they were carrying one baby but have tw

Thanks mama. I know there is no real way to tell except waiting until the big day! I don't chart or know when I ovulate (by choice) so I have no idea how many DPO I was when I tested but it was the day AF was due and it was there but I can't say SUPER dark.

The senior midwife just suggested that if a 6lb baby is born that the doppler make a second appearance to look for another heartbeat! There will certainly be some added excitement to this birth!