Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   help! I have no idea what to get my 2-yr-old son for Christmas (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450572)

corinne76 10-04-2012 06:50 PM

help! I have no idea what to get my 2-yr-old son for Christmas

Sounds horrible, I know. but I have no idea. He's 20 months tomorrow. He loves blocks, cars, balls, dinosaurs.
I plan on getting the Mega Bloks dump truck so he has a truck and more blocks, and some dino figures but other than that I'm at a complete lost.

What are you getting your LO's that are about this age?

Mommy to Eli and Baby#2 10-04-2012 07:17 PM

Re: help! I have no idea what to get my 2-yr-old son for Christmas

DS was two last year and his big present was a kitchen and various play foods/dishes. He LOVED it and still plays with it daily nearly a year later. Other big hits were more mega blocks and dinosaurs/animal sets from the dollar store, but he is a little mimic and was beyond thrilled with the kitchen. He "cooks" dinner for us all the time.

No clue what his big present will be this year but for his other presents, I'm making him a dino hoodie and some monster longies, and plan to get him some stocking stuffers and books.

DottieHarley 10-04-2012 07:19 PM

DD is also just about 20 mos. we are going to get her a kitchen and play food. Other ideas that I have ready for relatives, grandparents etc - art supplies, books, puzzles, membership to the local zoo or aquarium.

myblessedbaby 10-04-2012 07:42 PM

I got DS a balance bike for his 2nd Christmas.

luvsviola 10-04-2012 07:49 PM

Hot Wheels

A cape

Magnet letters for the fridge

Trains (DS loved wood trains at that age, but now loves GeoTrax more)

toy instruments

Leiiki 10-04-2012 07:58 PM

Big Ideas:
Balance Bike
Train Table
Lego/Duplo Table
Play Tent
Learning Tower
Easel
Play Kitchen

Little Ideas:
Play Food Set
Musical Instruments (DD loves her maracas best)
Dress-up Hats (cowboy, astronaut, pirate, etc.)
Toddler-size Broom
Balloons - I think DD would play with balloons all day if I were willing to keep blowing them up.

monkeymama07 10-04-2012 08:04 PM

Liam got a bunch of play dough toys (he played with these for hours)

and he got preschool sized kid kinects for Christmas when he was just two ...

MommyZ of 2 10-04-2012 08:12 PM

My 2yr old loves his Geomags! They're magnetic plastic building toys that are completely sealed, so good in the bath and dishwasher, too. We're getting him the farm set for Christmas. My 5 year old still plays with them, too. Check out Geomag baby, Amazon sells them, too. I had never heard of them until I saw them at a friends house.

corinne76 10-04-2012 09:21 PM

Thanks for the ideas! I'll check out the geomags. I am making dd a cape so i think I'll make ds one too.

MamaToACDPrincess 10-04-2012 09:25 PM

Train table, we got one for our son's 2nd birthday and it was a great investment all the kids love it !