Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Trifolding in wool (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450587)

armywife21 10-04-2012 07:28 PM

Trifolding in wool

Okay please link me/sell me/spam me I need some CUTE wool covers that I can trifold my organic flips in. :) Size L :)

juliasmom 10-04-2012 07:40 PM

Sounds messy to me :) I would guess Imse Vimse would work and is machine washable.

Eta: IVs are not too cute. How about Loveybums, they are cuter.

Melinda29 10-04-2012 07:44 PM

Re: Trifolding in wool

Little Beetle OS covers, which are now discontinued, but last I saw peppermint.com had some left.

juliasmom 10-04-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melinda29
Little Beetle OS covers, which are now discontinued, but last I saw peppermint.com had some left.

Yes, but they do run small in the rise. May not work if you truly need a L.

armywife21 10-04-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliasmom (Post 15771304)
Sounds messy to me :) I would guess Imse Vimse would work and is machine washable.

Eta: IVs are not too cute. How about Loveybums, they are cuter.

I'll look up loveybums thanks! I know it could be messy but my son is 2.5 so I'm hoping it will be alright. I just want to beable to enjoy our organic flips in something other than PUL. I could kind of start to put it on like I was going to snappi it and just try and get the fit tight. IDK if it would work or not though. :headscratch:

juliasmom 10-04-2012 08:29 PM

Have you considered fleece wraps? Wollypops would be great for trifolding.

umajo 10-04-2012 08:33 PM

Niji or imse vimse would be the easiest to clean up since they are machine washable. If you want them cuter, you can dye them. I have some loveybums but IMO they are a bit too saggy in the crotch for trifolding. You can do it, but the prefold doesn't stay as tight against LO's body as with imse vimse or niji.

momgoddess 10-04-2012 11:25 PM

I wonder if fastening a flat and using the Flip organic like a doubler inside, it would keep it in place well enough that you could use any pull on wool? I've been trying to think of a way to incorporate my Flip organics and wool somehow for night time. Hmmm.....

armywife21 10-04-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momgoddess (Post 15772138)
I wonder if fastening a flat and using the Flip organic like a doubler inside, it would keep it in place well enough that you could use any pull on wool? I've been trying to think of a way to incorporate my Flip organics and wool somehow for night time. Hmmm.....

That is a great idea. I don't have any flats to try it so someone totally should and then report back before my hubby cuts me off. :blush: I really love the flip organics for night time and we have tons of PUL covers but he wakes up pretty red in the morning and then it goes away so I'm thinking the wool might help circulate things more.

nonipie 10-05-2012 08:04 AM

Yeah the problem is that most wool is stretchy and you need something snug to hold it in place. Loveybums will not work. Honestly only a wrap with something like boiled wool would work. I have used Imse Vimse with a Flip organic for nights and they worked great but they are not cute, just very basic. So your best options are IV or Niji.