Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Christmas presents- limit number per child...question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450590)

myall4him2 10-04-2012 07:37 PM

Christmas presents- limit number per child...question

Ok...we're thinking this year of downsizing the gifts. We just don't want to be overloaded again with kids toys and it's not the real reason for the season anyways.

I've seen somewhere people doing something like 3 or 4 gifts- one they can learn from, one they can wear, one they can play with and one.....I don't remember? Anyone do something similar?

Marbie 10-04-2012 07:40 PM

Wasn't one a book? Sounds like a great idea to me!

southernbelle04 10-04-2012 07:41 PM

Yes. We did this for DD1's birthday & loved it.

Something you want
Something you need
Something to wear
Something to read

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

SaraElise 10-04-2012 07:43 PM

Re: Christmas presents- limit number per child...question

Quote:

Originally Posted by southernbelle04 (Post 15771308)

Something you want
Something you need
Something to wear
Something to read

We do this, plus a gift from Santa and Christmas pajamas.

myall4him2 10-04-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Something you want
Something you need
Something to wear
Something to read

Yes! This! Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaraElise (Post 15771321)
We do this, plus a gift from Santa and Christmas pajamas.

We don't do Santa but I'm thinking of doing something like this with a movie, pj's and snacks for christmas eve

Anna0623 10-04-2012 07:54 PM

This year where doing the same thing. Our kids are getting one toy, one mebership (zoo,aquarium,park) and one thing they need (dresser, or cubby bookshelf). We will also do matchig pjs. Tired of so many toys not on our list that i end up having to clean up.

Anna0623 10-04-2012 07:58 PM

I forgot to add relatives are not allowed to purchase them any toys, books, puzzles or anything close to those items. They can purchase clothing, costumes or something the kids need or could use such as character bedding, toiletrys( disney towels, or bathroom decorations.)

amholb0 10-04-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Something you want
Something you need
Something to wear
Something to read

We're trying to do this plus a stocking. The grandparents and aunts and uncles go crazy, the kid has way too much stuff.

danielle 10-04-2012 08:08 PM

For my daughter, we got her and grandma tickets to the Nutcracker. She will get a Slinky and ballet shoes for dress up from us besides. I'm also running a Strawesome co-op soon and I'll probably get each of my kids a fun straw.

I understand that people get "something to wear" but we don't pass that as a gift. Clothes generally bore my daughter to tears and the grandmas already do that.

But we are going way minimalist this year. My kids already have either too much or close to it of every category, and they don't need a thing.

my2sweets 10-04-2012 08:15 PM

We do 3 gifts for each kid(this will be a first with a newborn and have no idea what to get a newbie lol)-the same number of gifts Jesus got. Then Santa does the stockings but this year he might be getting them a big fancy doll house for the girls to share too. Luckily our fams dont go crazy buying them things either-usually clothes, books, art supplies, or the like.