Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Basically it's Friday! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450669)

~whitehologram~ 10-05-2012 12:39 AM

Basically it's Friday!

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1305616431

We are a group of parents that chat and support each other.
We have been at this for a while so some of us are out of the diapering stage.
...some were out and are back in again.
Every once in a while we actually get to answer a diaper question or two in here.
If you are looking for a very diverse and open group come on over and chat.

~whitehologram~ 10-05-2012 12:40 AM

Re: Basically it's Friday!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 15771565)
I am home. Exhausted.

Mel here is the weird deal with the fair. Families are either coming in and dropping anywhere from 10-100 or the kids have NOTHING. Such and odd juxtaposition.

Tonight for example I had two $100 orders and then had a Mom and her daughter in 5th grade and son in high-school counting out pennies to buy 3 50cent bookmarks. I thought at first she was testing her daughters ability to count change then heard "maybe they will have another bookfair in the spring and you can get a book then" I call the daughter over and quietly said go pick out any book you want under $10 and you can have it. Girl says really 3 times. Mom looks at me shocked and says really. I am a single Mom and I dont have work right now. It is harder as they are getting older, they cost more now. So Amera got a new book, her Mom almost cried over it and you all made that possible. She came over and shook my hand and said thanks about 5 times.

:happycry:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemurmommies (Post 15771717)
That is so so awesome. I honestly wish we could have sent even more. Sometimes I feel selfish that we have more now. :blush:

Me too

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksmommy1 (Post 15771785)
:hugs: jen. Seriously that made me cry. I'm so glad you could help her out.

Me too

lemurmommies 10-05-2012 05:28 AM

It's Friday!

:yay:

Off to school shortly. My kids have a spelling test and a math test today. It's going to be a big, busy day for them. It is also Crazy Hair Day. Whee!

Tonight we are getting takeout and watching Puss In Boots on Netflix. I am excited!

jwjbbrown 10-05-2012 05:41 AM

I haven't been this happy to see a Friday in a long time. Damn I am tired.

Jerry has jury duty today. I will take MH and keep her at school. I hope that I make it to 3...

Then home to pack and off to ABQ until tomorrow evening. My Auntie Mary Pat from LA will be in ABQ for the balloon fiesta this weekend so we are going down to see her on Saturday. Then home tomorrow evening so I have Sunday to get some planning and organizing for the week taken care of.

Ok hi ho hi ho off to the shower I go....

jacksmommy1 10-05-2012 05:54 AM

In bed. I am avoiding bob I am so
Mad at him from last night in know
If I go downstairs I'm not gonna be nice

So I come home last night at midnight. Dinner is still sitting on the counter and th dog starts barking bc he hasn't been fed I apart pissed bc everynight this happens and i ask him to do them I hate throwing food away. Anyhow I go to
Use the bathroom and no one flushed so I did and it stared to overflow amd the plunger is upstairs. So I dash up and then spend
5 minutes unclogging the toilet. Then I check on the kids tomrealize jack is sleeping on the plastic bed cover not q sheet wtf. So being nice I wake bob up and adknowledge everything I just said. He forgot to feed dog and put away food

jacksmommy1 10-05-2012 05:56 AM

And he knew the toilEt was clogged but forgot to take care of it grr and th sheet thing pissed me. Off. I can ignore food and the dog lol but gosh take care of the kids. Ok rant over lol

cherylchoo 10-05-2012 06:39 AM

Morning mamas. :needcoffee:

Jen I tried to send PP but it is having issues with my CC. IDK what is going on, I used it today so the card is fine. I will try again today.

Kari, my DH is the same about food. Drives me nuts. And he will put trash on the counter NEXT to the trash, but can't seem to put it in the trash. And Ginger has issues remembering to flush also, and he's pretty good about staying on top of it, unless she goes upstairs. But the bed, he's never done that. Even if I've stripped the bed and forgot, he'd put a blanket down under and on top of whatever kid it was. Maybe you need to make him a checklist? :giggle2: That's what I do with the kids when the repeatedly cannot execute routine stuff correctly.

Ginger is up to her old tricks at school again. She lost electronics privileges for a week, then a month, and also lost her opportunity to go to a food drive event she really wanted to attend. And next is no Fall Festival, then no birthday party. I'm seriously frustrated. She literally cannot comprehend to behave and follow the rules because it's the right thing to do. Seriously a mini-Sheldon in that respect. I was reading different things about it online, about why many gifted kids have some of the same issues ADHD but don't have ADHD (because they can focus on stuff, sit still, not blurt out things, etc if they want to) and it said they have some of the same developmental delay issues in the frontal cortex that ADHD kids so, but not all of them hence not all the same symptoms. And one source suggested you could do behavioral therapy all day long and only see minimal improvement, because you have to wait for the frontal cortex to catch up with the rest of the brain before any real change takes effect. And when there is such a huge gap between that and the rest of the brain, transition is that much more complicated since you have such hugely asychronous development. Ugh. Just what I want to hear, that I can't do anything but wait until she "outgrows" it. Gah.

cherylchoo 10-05-2012 07:01 AM

Also kicking myself for caving and paying $3.15 each for the girls to eat lunch at school, which from the menu looks no different than the lunch they used to get at their old school for $2.45 even though it's a different vendor. I'm paying that for french toast sticks and turkey sausage, evidently. Because I know they won't even look at whatever fruit or veggie they offer and probably won't finish their milk. I was just too tired to put their lunch together and get them to the bus on time today.

jacksmommy1 10-05-2012 07:03 AM

JAcks favorite meal at school is french toast and he comes home covered in syrup lol. His lunch is only 2.10

ruvalokiteshvara 10-05-2012 07:18 AM

I don't know about any one else, Cheryl, but whenI get indications that E is annoying the carp out of me because his brain doesn't know how NOT to, I feel at least a little bit better knowing I still have time to lay the proper groundwork while his brain is catching up to me! The hard thing is remembering not to fall into the escalating cycle of consequences and frustration, knowing that it actually serves no purpose other than to put us at odds with each other!