Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   My nursling is 3! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450694)

Connor 10-05-2012 08:06 AM

Happy Birthday to my sweet C! Three years ago I would have never imagined I would be nursing a three year old, but here we are. I'm so grateful for the information and knowledge I've received that led to our choices. :) My DS will nurse as long as he likes but I cannot help but think that this *could* be our last year, our last hoorah. I'm going to take the extra time to enjoy these sweet moments.

Connor 10-05-2012 08:07 AM

Nursing at the park Wednesday. :)

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/a...2009/Mama4.jpg

*TinyJoys* 10-05-2012 08:39 AM

Re: My nursling is 3!

Wow way to go! My nursling is only 16 months and is now nursing only 2x daily. I wish I could go that long, but I would have so many obstacles (mostly in the form of people's comments, and I just care too much what ppl say unfortunately). Good for you though!

MonkeyBean415 10-05-2012 09:27 AM

Wonderful mama! Happy Birthday C!! We're almost exactly one year behind you. DD just turned two! Hopefully I'll see you here again in another year ;)

TeachinAuntie 10-05-2012 10:24 AM

:yourock: Congratulations on making it to such an awesome milestone!!! I'm 13 days behind you! :)

:happy_birthday: to your big boy!!

:celebrate: Happy "Birth" Day to you!

Art mama 10-05-2012 02:27 PM

Way to go mama! I nursed my first until a couple of months before her 3rd bday when she self weaned. Never understood the extended nursing until I had one of my own :)

tmwmommy 10-05-2012 02:29 PM

Congrats! My dd also nursed to age 3. Then by 3 1/2 she weaned and never looked back.

VeganCupcake 10-05-2012 05:45 PM

Congratulations! My older nursling just turned 4 and still loves to nurse a couple of times a day. You never know how long they'll go!

Fairycat 10-05-2012 06:11 PM

Congrats and what a cutie! Also so glad to find this! Ds was three in August and still nursing it's nice to not feel alone. :)

Connor 10-06-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyBean415 (Post 15772942)
Wonderful mama! Happy Birthday C!! We're almost exactly one year behind you. DD just turned two! Hopefully I'll see you here again in another year ;)

Yay! Hope to see you back in a year as well. :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie (Post 15773216)
:yourock: Congratulations on making it to such an awesome milestone!!! I'm 13 days behind you! :)

:happy_birthday: to your big boy!!

:celebrate: Happy "Birth" Day to you!

Aww, thanks mama! Happy early 3 years to you too. :lostit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art mama (Post 15774551)
Way to go mama! I nursed my first until a couple of months before her 3rd bday when she self weaned. Never understood the extended nursing until I had one of my own :)

Thanks! Woo hoo for extended nursing. :goodvibes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieMarieVDV (Post 15772712)
Wow way to go! My nursling is only 16 months and is now nursing only 2x daily. I wish I could go that long, but I would have so many obstacles (mostly in the form of people's comments, and I just care too much what ppl say unfortunately). Good for you though!

Aww, sorry mama! :hugs: If you ever need to vent or just need encouragement you can pm me. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmwmommy (Post 15774559)
Congrats! My dd also nursed to age 3. Then by 3 1/2 she weaned and never looked back.

That's wonderful. But don't scare me. :giggle: I hope we have another year or so left. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeganCupcake (Post 15775342)
Congratulations! My older nursling just turned 4 and still loves to nurse a couple of times a day. You never know how long they'll go!

Totally hope that's us too! He's still going pretty strong at 6ish times a day. :) Awesome job yourself. :mrgreen:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairycat (Post 15775452)
Congrats and what a cutie! Also so glad to find this! Ds was three in August and still nursing it's nice to not feel alone. :)

Yay!! We're close. How often is your DS nursing now? I like hearing about others nursing relationships. :)