Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What do you think of moms who... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450731)

Armymom31 10-05-2012 09:40 AM

What do you think of moms who...

Don't bring their kids to well visits?

southernbelle04 10-05-2012 09:42 AM

Nothing. Not my business.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

charise820 10-05-2012 09:43 AM

Re: What do you think of moms who...

Not my business.

qsefthuko 10-05-2012 09:50 AM

Not an issue. Well visits are for doctors to know your kids and for vaccinations but if you don't plan on using them much if at all no issue.

For me I had no problems without well visits until my second starting having seizures at 11 months of age. Then not having a primary doctor established became a liability. I had trouble getting an appointment in a timely manner. So for us I do the well baby visits just to have a doctor, not because I think there is really a need for them. I also get to put baby's weight and height measurements into his or her baby book.:goodvibes:

norrahsmommy 10-05-2012 09:51 AM

Doesn't bother me. Their kids, their choice. I usually take dd later than on the schedule.

Leah52 10-05-2012 09:51 AM

Well, my youngest will be two in January and he has never been to the doctor. It's not something I set out to do, like I hate doctors or something, it just happened that way due to scheduling and probably some laziness on my part. He's never been sick beyond a mild cold and he is obviously growing well. Plus he's my fifth so I'm pretty sure I would have noticed any glaring abnormalities by now...

jackyl08 10-05-2012 09:53 AM

Not a great idea, IMO, but not my kid, not my choice.

pumkinsmommy 10-05-2012 10:01 AM

Doctors check for so many things that the average parent wouldn't pick up or be aware even existed. It is a layer of protection that I don't understand why people would be adverse. Sure the human race will continue without well checks. However the outcome is so much better with reg. medical attention for babies/children. Actually the outcome is better for most people who have med. care.

BoyCrazy 10-05-2012 10:01 AM

I don't think anything, it's none of my business. If someone that I know told me they didn't, I might be slightly surprised at first, but I wouldn't think less of them. It's just a different choice than I make.
Unlike many of my disposable diaper using friends, who look at me like I have three heads because I put my kids in cloth...

eguisgirl 10-05-2012 10:02 AM

It doesn't bother me. Not my kids.