Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Pay pal shipping to another addy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450734)

drunkenmonkeysmommy1 10-05-2012 08:53 AM

Pay pal shipping to another addy

I have a customer who is ordering a some what large order, but wants me to ship to another address other than what is in pay pal. She is only using the Mobile app and can not change it.
She does not send off a bad vibe at ALL, but I am not comfortable sending an order that large with our any protection for me.
What are my options other than have her send as personal( then she could not make an inaccurate claim against me, not saying she would), because that is not allowed here?

canadianbakers 10-05-2012 09:45 AM

Re: Pay pal shipping to another addy

Have her change the address when she can, and wait to ship until then.
I wouldn't ship to a different address, no matter the reasons/excuses the buyer gave.

drunkenmonkeysmommy1 10-05-2012 10:00 AM

That is kind of what I was thinking. I have the feeling she is mobile only though. I would assume though, if she has Internet on her phone, she could log into PayPal.com and update from there.
Like I said I do NOT think she is being shady, I am just uncomfortable sending that large of an amount with no protection.

Lanae 10-05-2012 02:13 PM

I just get on on my phone browser and when I go to pay I click "add a new address", its really easy

canadianbakers 10-05-2012 03:13 PM

I would think there's some way to do it on her phone. And if she really needed access to a computer, I'm sure she knows at least one person with one to borrow for a minute!

Ainmemphis 10-05-2012 03:24 PM

I use the mobile AP and it never includes my address!! But I am going to try to remember to "add new address" next time. Sometimes I just can't get a webpage to load and the AP is my only option. Fortunately the mamas I've bst with have been understanding.

drunkenmonkeysmommy1 10-05-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ainmemphis (Post 15775047)
I use the mobile AP and it never includes my address!! But I am going to try to remember to "add new address" next time. Sometimes I just can't get a webpage to load and the AP is my only option. Fortunately the mamas I've bst with have been understanding.

I normally am when it is a $15-$20 sale, but an order over $100 makes me nervous.:blush:

themamageek 10-06-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ainmemphis

Update the app. There is an option to send as goods.

OP, it's annoying to do but I can login to Paypal via Safari and do anything there that I can do via a computer.

2+2macht4 10-06-2012 05:06 PM

You have no coverage as a seller if you ship to another address even dc means nothing to paypal if you cannot prove it was shipped and delivered to the pp addy she can claim item not recieved and will win.

drunkenmonkeysmommy1 10-06-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenajean1
You have no coverage as a seller if you ship to another address even dc means nothing to paypal if you cannot prove it was shipped and delivered to the pp addy she can claim item not recieved and will win.

That is what I was thinking. I will ask her to change her addy if she would like to go through with the sale. I just hate being difficult :)