Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Well...it finally happened to me (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450737)

ServingHim 10-05-2012 08:59 AM

Well...it finally happened to me
 
After years of reading about it happening to other mamas it finally happened to me.

I washed a disposable insert with the diapers. :yuck:

It wasn't too bad, just lots of lent all over our new totsbots! No gel beads though, thank the Lord! Most of the lent came out in the dryer so not too bad.

armywife21 10-05-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ServingHim
After years of reading about it happening to other mamas it finally happened to me.

I washed a disposable insert with the diapers. :yuck:

It wasn't too bad, just lots of lent all over our new totsbots! No gel beads though, thank the Lord! Most of the lent came out in the dryer so not too bad.

Oh no yuck! Glad it wasn't too bad. Do disposable inserts have the gel stuff in them yuck.

ServingHim 10-05-2012 09:36 AM

Re: Well...it finally happened to me
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by armywife21 (Post 15773217)
Oh no yuck! Glad it wasn't too bad. Do disposable inserts have the gel stuff in them yuck.

A very small amount, nothing like regular sposies. It's mostly bamboo fibers and wood pulp. After I relized 2 got washed with the diapers I looked them over and saw no gel beads. Since there is such a small amount they must have rinsed away pretty easy. Thankfully!!!!

meahr29 10-15-2012 09:31 PM

Re: Well...it finally happened to me
 
I had that happen once. I was glad nothing came of it!

RockinLou 10-15-2012 09:51 PM

Re: Well...it finally happened to me
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ServingHim (Post 15773299)
A very small amount, nothing like regular sposies. It's mostly bamboo fibers and wood pulp. After I relized 2 got washed with the diapers I looked them over and saw no gel beads. Since there is such a small amount they must have rinsed away pretty easy. Thankfully!!!!

Yes, I figure if its' flushable that its' okay to rinse out in the washing machine - a pampers would be so much worse :yuck:

It happened to us twice in the same week.... but oddly hasn't happened since DH left for work in August :giggle: I always just run a full wash cycle on cold to rinse it all off, and have never had a problem!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors