Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Diapers not getting clean? Help! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450763)

elijahsmama 10-05-2012 09:57 AM

Diapers not getting clean? Help!

Soaking overnight cold water in top loader let it go through the cycle to drain the water then washing in hot wash, cold rinse? I use about half the recommended amount of Sun free and clear soap. Any ideas??? They still have yellow seedy yuck on them. All that were pooped in are very stained and have to be sunned every time? 1mo old with BF poo :mrgreen:

babycat42 10-05-2012 10:00 AM

Re: Diapers not getting clean? Help!

Ebf poop stains it's okay. you can sun it out.
Soaking overnight like like that will set your stains. Just run a warm rinse. You need to use a normal amount of soap, less soap= less clean.

babycat42 10-05-2012 10:02 AM

You don't have to sun every time I wouldn't worry about the stains until you going to sell.

elijahsmama 10-05-2012 10:19 AM

As far as full amount of soap wont it cause residue and wicking? Made me laugh less soap less clean duh! :blush: Wil try full amount. Only other thing is that it seems to have bigger chunks still not just staining? Would that be from lack of soap? NAK sorry for the lame grammer.

babycat42 10-05-2012 11:55 AM

What kind of diapers are you washing?
And how much water are you using?
If the diapers are not rinsing clean you probably need more water or less diapers washed at a time.

elijahsmama 10-05-2012 05:51 PM

Washing a mix of Sunbabies, fitteds (motherease,sandys and WAHMs) and some prefolds plus covers. I don't put too many in washer and use large load. It's probably enough diapers to be just over a med load and again I set washer to large. :headscratch:

onegratefulmama 10-05-2012 06:32 PM

Try pre wash on hot with 1/4 c of bleach hot wash full amount of detergent then hot post wash with 1 c vinegar. My top loader has cold only setting for rinse cycle but I do 3 rounds of hot wash/cold rinse for each load and it's worked well.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

fluffycheeks 10-06-2012 06:35 AM

Hmmmm, that's strange that the EBF poop is still sitting in the diaper. If using more of your detergent doesn't help, I would try a different detergent. You also may want to check that your machine is working properly - hot water is going in and it's fully agitating and stuff. When we've had EBF poop, it all pretty much comes out if the detergent free pre rinse, which is why I wonder if there is maybe something up with your machine.

AZmommy 10-06-2012 07:23 AM

are you soaking the poo diapers or soaking rinsed diapers? Dont soak poo diaper you just soaking in the stains and smell.
The majority of the stuff should come off with just a good prerinse, detergent should take care of the rest, in my experience BF stains should be a rare thing and not something normal unless their is some other factor (certain meds etc) sunning is great for stubborn stains but it shoudln't be an every wash thing.

Deffiently use more detergent follow your detergents reccomendations for load and water type you can tweak it a bit from there. Its better to need an extra rinse or even an extra cycle to rinse than just not getting the diapes clean in the first place

How many are you washing at once? Too few and its not only a waste but they don't get the aggitation they often need but too crowded and diapers end up bunched and they dont get cleaned.. Also make sure diapers aren't all wadded up tight before going into the pail again they can sometimes stay all wadded rolled up and not get properly exposed to the water/soap.

abunchoflemons 10-06-2012 07:48 AM

I agree not soak diapers all covered in poo (bf or solids poo) doesn't help. I got staining in my front load not rinsing poo b4 pail. So I always rinse poo out b4 pail & I actually like wet pail better than dry. Staining yea I wouldn't worrt til u sell. More detergent depending on if ur top load is supposed to be he or not.