Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In June (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   If you haven't been seen already, when are you calling your doctor/midwife? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450767)

SaraElise 10-05-2012 11:05 AM

If you haven't been seen already, when are you calling your doctor/midwife?

With my 1st I called right away and was seen at 6 weeks

With my 2nd I waited a little bit and had my first appointment at 8 weeks

With my 3rd I called when I thought I was about 8 weeks and they couldn't get me in until 11 weeks...which turned out to actually be 13 weeks!

I had an early miscarriage (5.5 weeks) in July and now I am sort of paranoid wanting to make sure everything is okay, but I don't want to go in so early that there is nothing to see.

So when are you calling? Or when are you first seen?

kissum 10-05-2012 11:53 AM

Re: If you haven't been seen already, when are you calling your doctor/midwife?

I called last week but only because I needed to cancel the IUD I had on order. I'm going to have a dating u/s, they said just sometime in the next few weeks. I'm going to schedule it for after 6 weeks so we can hopefully see a HB and tell DH's parents, since we're visiting them at the end of the month.

JaylasMommy 10-05-2012 11:59 AM

I have to wait to even make my appointment until I am approved for insurance. I'm 6 weeks and they won't see me until 8-12. I'm hoping that it will be on the earlier side of 8 weeks versus later since I've already been to the ER for spotting.

gingerpeachee 10-05-2012 12:05 PM

I went in on Monday, they weighed me and the RN went over my records and gave me the "don't eat lunch meat" packet. I have a slip for blood work..... basically thats it. I'm supposed to schedule to see a midwife so I'm gonna do that pretty soon.

aliciamarie632 10-05-2012 12:07 PM

I called this week and have my first appointment on the 15th. I'm trying a new midwife/birth center so wanted to get in soon to know if I like them or if I'll have to keep looking.

Fishie Kisses 10-05-2012 12:41 PM

I will be seen 10/15 for my orientation...just asking me a million questions about my medical history. 10/19 is my first appointment with the NP...pap and bloodwork. Then they will schedule and appt with the Dr and a dating u/s for around 8-10wks (early Nov)

maddys_mama 10-05-2012 01:38 PM

I saw my regular doctor yesterday to have the pregnancy confirmed so they'll put in an OB referral with our insurance. Now I'm waiting to hear from the OB's office in the next week, but I'm not expecting them to see me until next month.

MyM&W 10-05-2012 02:03 PM

When I'm seen I will be almost 7 weeks. Once we are seen and everything is ok we will announce :)

Erinne 10-06-2012 12:06 AM

I called a new birth center just to ask how long I can wait, and the receptionist said it's fine to call to schedule around 8 weeks, so I'm going to try to wait as long as I can. I had a 5 wk mc with my last cycle, so I honestly don't want to get any more attached than I have to this early.

willownz 10-09-2012 02:30 AM

I am not calling until about 8 weeks. All our pregnancy care is done by midwives (no OBGYNs or doctors). I have had 3 super early miscarriages and one blighted ovum, so I am hesitant to do call unless I have problems. Last time (with my now 2 year old) I had an SCH bleed at 6 weeks. The doctor gave me a pregnancy test and told me I was still pregnant. No betas, no ultrasound, just a pregnancy test. The same one I had taken and gotten a positive result on 2 weeks earlier. They are useless and the ER is worse.
First U/S unless I bleed will be at 13 weeks (nuchal cord scan).