Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   When to lanolize newborn woolies and lanolin recs (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450789)

babymakes3.4.5.... 10-05-2012 11:06 AM

I have gotten several lately, but I'm not due until December 3rd. Should I lanolize them and put them in a drawer? Wait? How long do I wait?

And a side question, who sells good lanolin that's not Lansinoh and is not part of a wool wash? I have some Lansinoh, which works, but squeezing the life out of the tube to get a teeny amount is driving me crazy! I need something more user-friendly! I don't care if it's solid or liquid as long as it works!!!

holocene 10-05-2012 11:23 AM

Re: When to lanolize newborn woolies and lanolin recs

We use Sloomb and Sheepy Grins solid lanolin. It's sold in big tubs. We have a Sloomb cube on it's way to us to use with the solid lanolin, and I'm really excited. It's supoosed to make emulsifying really easy. When I used boob lanolin, I ran the tube under hot water for a minute to help soften, so it was easier to squeeze!

Congratulations on your new baby! I would lanolize in November, whenever you get around to it. :)

babymakes3.4.5.... 10-07-2012 02:29 PM

Thanks mama :thumbsup:

babysays 10-09-2012 11:38 PM

Yes, the sloomb cubes are awesome and make lanolizing really easy. Sloomb suggests using solid lanolin and it really does work better and easier. The cubes are great for light lanolizing which might be all you need at first with a newborn. Feel free to pm me if you need info on a retailer that carries them as well as other sloomb products :)

Kissed by the Moon 10-10-2012 12:47 AM

sloomb cubes, sheepish, crow mountain crafts, delish...

babymakes3.4.5.... 10-10-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babysays (Post 15792312)
Yes, the sloomb cubes are awesome and make lanolizing really easy. Sloomb suggests using solid lanolin and it really does work better and easier. The cubes are great for light lanolizing which might be all you need at first with a newborn. Feel free to pm me if you need info on a retailer that carries them as well as other sloomb products :)

LOL I saw that diaperparties was carrying Sloomb products now (I follow on FB)! I hosted a diaper party recently and was very pleased with the presentation, communication, shipping speed, all of it! Your company will be one of my preferred places to purchase in the future! Thanks :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone who replied! I've got Sloomb and Crow Mountain Crafts at the top of my list :)

Hellux 10-10-2012 09:05 AM

I just put the lansinoh tube in the tepid water when I wash the woolies before lanolizing and it comes out like butter after that :)

jmoon 10-10-2012 11:11 AM

lol, I totally lanolized the wool I have made for my newbie already, and I am not due till Jan!!!! I like the solid wool wash bar (with lanolin) from Ewe need it. It lasts forever too!