Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Snoring...LOUDLY! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450792)

babymakes3.4.5.... 10-05-2012 12:15 PM

Snoring...LOUDLY!

I need help ladies! DH is reporting that I have recently started snoring so loudly that it is disrupting his sleep :blush: I usually find him on the couch every morning. He works very hard and right now he has been putting in long hours, and I really want him to be able to have a good nights sleep in his own bed! Any advice, tips, articles, etc you could recommend to help me put a damper on my snoring issue???? DH and I would be VERY appreciative!!!

my2sweets 10-05-2012 01:48 PM

What about those breathe right strips? I wonder if those would help

EmilytheStrange 10-05-2012 03:09 PM

Re: Snoring...LOUDLY!

Quote:

Originally Posted by my2sweets (Post 15774383)
What about those breathe right strips? I wonder if those would help

that's the idea I had.

KaleidoscopeEyes 10-05-2012 10:36 PM

haha dh complained about the same thing. he can deal with it. may it's natures way of making men getting use to getting up frequently during the night before baby gets here. ive woken myself up storing before and it was def coming from my throat, not my nose

flame_chick 10-05-2012 11:33 PM

talk with a doctor and see about having a sleep study. snoring could be sleep apnea, and that could have serious side affects :) - DH works in the sleep field

EmilytheStrange 10-05-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes
haha dh complained about the same thing. he can deal with it. may it's natures way of making men getting use to getting up frequently during the night before baby gets here. ive woken myself up storing before and it was def coming from my throat, not my nose

No no no.

When DH snores, I punch him. No 'dealing with it'. Okay, not always punching, but I make him adjust so it stops. I can't sleep through that and don't know how anyone can.

His comes from his mouth too.

babymakes3.4.5.... 10-08-2012 07:50 AM

Thanks mamas! I will try the breath right strips, but I honestly don't expect it to do much...and I will talk to my doctor at my next appointment, but I'm pretty sure it's not an apnea problem. It just may be one of those pregnancy things! Thanks for your input and opinions :thumbsup:

MamaLump 10-08-2012 09:57 AM

I read an article somewhere that said if you begin snoring in pregnancy you are at a higher risk of developing pre-e. I can't remember where, so I can't say for sure it was a reputable source. Still, might be worth asking your doctor about.

babymakes3.4.5.... 10-08-2012 03:54 PM

Huh that's interesting. I was looking at articles for that and it seems that your airways become constructed in the 3rd trimester which causes your blood pressure to elevate, and people who snore have more constricted airways. As I understand it anyway! I'll definitely tell my dr. but they have me under close watch for BP anyway since I had to be induced for it with my first LO. Thanks for making the link though, I would never have guessed there was one!