Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   upset- DH sent my dirty CD's to the landfil (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450809)

viannqueen3 10-05-2012 12:04 PM

upset- DH sent my dirty CD's to the landfil

(sob)

I am just soooooo upset this morning. I asked my husband last night to take out the dirty diaper pail of sposies to the garbage. Well he did that as well as grab my bag of dirty cloth diapers that were sitting a few feet from the pail- the top was closed and didn't realize what was in there. I didn't realize the bag was gone till this morning and they are long gone :( :(

So yeah there have been tears this morning- I started CDing 2 1/2 months ago and it's the first time we've had to empty the sposie pail since then. We still use them overnight since we've had so many problems with overnight CD leaks and my husband tends to use them when I'm gone. My only saving grace is that I did wash not long ago but still... by my calculations I lost about 7 diapers (4 swaddlebees 2.0, 1 grovia AIO, 2 BG 4.0's). My swaddlebees I've owned less than two weeks.

Hubby was really apologetic when I called him. I'm not really mad at him because it was an accident but I'm just MAD that basically $120 worth of basically new diapes are now gone forever.

armywife21 10-05-2012 12:08 PM

Re: upset- DH sent my dirty CD's to the landfil

I guess at least there wasn't more diapers than that in there but still I would be upset too. :( I would get a pail liner for the cloth diapers or a wetbag so its visual reinforcement. If our diapers were in a plastic trash bag I could see it being mistaken as trash.

Skybaby712 10-05-2012 12:11 PM

:hugs: definitely get 2 pail liners! You can't really accidently throw away a bag made of PUL and mistake it for plastic. On the bright side, go diaper shopping!!

Kabuki24 10-05-2012 12:13 PM

Oh I would be FUMING.

viannqueen3 10-05-2012 12:18 PM

Thanks for the replies... I'm definitely will be shopping to replace as well as buying a PUL pail liner or wetbag for them. Never in a million years did I think this would happen. Live and learn I guess.

MommyRamer 10-05-2012 12:18 PM

Oh noooooo.... My heart just sank for you!! :(

abunchoflemons 10-05-2012 12:30 PM

Hugs. Sounds like my mom....

shannychi 10-05-2012 12:33 PM

Ugh. My heart sank when I read this. I was sad about losing one Flip cover - I can't imagine how you feel. :)

ursaminor 10-05-2012 12:49 PM

That really really sucks! I had a roommate throw away 1 MOES that I had in a plastic bag. Where your diapers in a trash bag? Everytime I hear about this happening on DS it is almost always because diapers were in a trash bag. Definitely get a wet bag. I was sure to put my dipe in one after our incident.

Catbutt Diapers 10-05-2012 05:50 PM

Ohhh no! I always worry about this happening! Our garbage pail is right under the diaper shelf, I worry one will fall off and DH won't notice.

Alva sells pail liners now, they are super cheap and free shipping - get 3. One in the pail, one in the wash and one on the shelf.