Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   minimal weight gain (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450883)

ElianasMomma8147 10-05-2012 02:46 PM

minimal weight gain

I am 27 weeks pregnant with my first baby. When I found out I was PG I was about 20 pounds over my normal weight. 10 from the holidays and 10 from not working, planned on shedding it before pregnancy. So first trimester i lost two pounds then gained it back and second trimester im only up 2 pounds. Im showing like im pregnant, im being very healthy and not neglecting nutrition at all! I have become more active since we moved and theres a lot to be done and 2 flights of stairs to treck to do laundry. My OB has said nothing on the subject but it still worries me. Am I doing something wrong? Am I hurting the baby? A lot of people ive tried talking to about this have just gotten angry with me because they gained like 30-40 pounds, but I am honestly concerned.

Scarlett's mommy 10-05-2012 02:57 PM

Re: minimal weight gain

im 29 weeks and am down 12lbs from pre pregnancy weight. i am over weight to begin with and talked to my dr about it last thursday he said as long as my baby is growing and healthy then there is nothing to worry about that everyone is different. just talk to your dr about your concerns im sure everything is fine with your little bundle :)

Christylkeller 10-05-2012 03:02 PM

I wouldn't be concerned. As long as the baby is growing and active and your OB isn't concerned then you are fine. The most I have gained in a pregnancy was 14 lbs and that was all in the last trimester. The least I have gained is 9 lbs. As of 13 weeks, this pregnancy, I hadn't gained or lost anything. Just keep doing what you are doing until your DR tells you differently!

my2sweets 10-05-2012 03:20 PM

If your eating well and doc says baby is good then I wouldnt worry. Im 29wks today and have only gained 10lbs-all in the last 2mos. My ob hasnt said anything other then ' keep taking your vitamin' since baby looks good.

7 for now 10-05-2012 03:28 PM

I am 24 weeks and have only gained 2 pounds total. I am bigger to begin with and also have GD. They are not concerned at all.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Ellasundies 10-05-2012 03:39 PM

I only gained 6 lbs with my last pregnancy. Dd was born at 7.5 lbs. I was also underweight by BMI before getting pregnant. Mw didn't have any worries as baby was growing fine and I felt fine.

Women don't NEED to gain weight while pregnant. You should be fine especially since you are already over your normal weight.

mommycass 10-05-2012 04:53 PM

I'm 22 weeks and have gained 7 lbs. I'm trying not to gain much because I was 20 lbs overweight prepregnancy. I'm eating healthy and exercising.

nicolemariep 10-05-2012 05:27 PM

You're just fine. I'm bigger to begin with, but I'm 27 weeks pregnant and still down about 9 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.

evasimone 10-05-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellasundies (Post 15775107)
I only gained 6 lbs with my last pregnancy. Dd was born at 7.5 lbs. I was also underweight by BMI before getting pregnant. Mw didn't have any worries as baby was growing fine and I felt fine.

Women don't NEED to gain weight while pregnant. You should be fine especially since you are already over your normal weight.

I don't believe that the statement, "women don't need to gain weight while pregnant" an accurate statement. You should gain some weight while pregnant but the amount is variable. If you are overweight or obese you can get away with not gaining or even losing. But if you are underweight or normal you should gain some weight. I am not going to quantify how much but I think in this diet and weight obsessed society its dangerous to perpetuate the idea that weight gain while pregnant is an optional thing. Because women who gain no weight or very little are the exception to the rule not the normal.

songbird516 10-05-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evasimone (Post 15775793)
I don't believe that the statement, "women don't need to gain weight while pregnant" an accurate statement. You should gain some weight while pregnant but the amount is variable. If you are overweight or obese you can get away with not gaining or even losing. But if you are underweight or normal you should gain some weight. I am not going to quantify how much but I think in this diet and weight obsessed society its dangerous to perpetuate the idea that weight gain while pregnant is an optional thing. Because women who gain no weight or very little are the exception to the rule not the normal.

Totally agree with this. Every woman is different, and most women will gain 20 to 40 pounds during pregnancy. Nutrition is key. Eat a balanced diet and your body will so the rest.