Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Please HELP me decide!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450930)

croth7 10-05-2012 06:17 PM

Please HELP me decide!!

My BOSCH front loader is a lemon and so the store is going to replace it with something of my choice. Now being the super indecisive person that I am makes this a little stressful. I've been pouring over reviews and it just seems to make things more complicated.

The BOSCH machine required that I stand and fill it manually with a juice container so there was enough water to clean/rinse the diapers. It drove me crazy!!! I don't ever want to do this again. I'm interested in a HE top loader but it appears that they don't give you hot enough water to actually clean. Is this true? Or I'm interested in a front loader that I can choose the water level and water temp.

My wish list is something that has a sanitary cycle, an add additional water option (for diapers), huge bonus if the machine could heat the water on its own (my BOSCH does this) and lastly I want to be able to turn the end of cycle signal off.

Is there other considerations I should take into account when buying a new washer and using cloth diapers?

Please any suggestions on brand or type of washer would be greatly appreciated!!! :)

boysniris 10-05-2012 06:20 PM

Re: Please HELP me decide!!

A soak cycle! My HE FLer doesn't offer this option, but still does a nice job :)

croth7 10-05-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boysniris (Post 15775486)
A soak cycle! My HE FLer doesn't offer this option, but still does a nice job :)

I'm so glad you mentioned it! I have thought that in the past with my FL. What brand of washer do you have??

lynn97 10-05-2012 06:24 PM

The ability to add extra rinses or run a rinse-only cycle. My LG HE TL does this and it's really nice. It also allows you to set up a custom routine and assign it to a button.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

croth7 10-05-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynn97 (Post 15775506)
The ability to add extra rinses or run a rinse-only cycle. My LG HE TL does this and it's really nice. It also allows you to set up a custom routine and assign it to a button.

If you don't mind me asking how long have you owned it and do you have the model number?? It sounds great.

karabeth05 10-05-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

:yeahthat: sounds like we might have the same washer :giggle: and you can hold down the extra rinse button to make it add more water (max twice per cycle)

i don't know the model number, but the front says LG WaveForce, if that helps at all

croth7 10-05-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karabeth05 (Post 15775562)
:yeahthat: sounds like we might have the same washer :giggle: and you can hold down the extra rinse button to make it add more water (max twice per cycle)

i don't know the model number, but the front says LG WaveForce, if that helps at all

Does yours have a sanitary cycle?

boysniris 10-05-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by croth7 (Post 15775504)
I'm so glad you mentioned it! I have thought that in the past with my FL. What brand of washer do you have??

It's a Samsung and it says VRT Steam on the front. It doesn't have a soak cycle, so anything I want to soak I just soak in a bucket -- I really haven't missed that feature but I've read it's a great thing to have! I do have to bleach our nighttime inserts on a regular basis in order to keep them clean and smelling fresh.

tmrobinson 10-05-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by karabeth05 (Post 15775562)

I have an LG HE toploader that sounds just like these. They don't have a name and just say waveforce on them. They have model numbers but I can't figure out what ours is. Pretty sure this is the one we have and I got it for $700 last year during Columbus day sale. My only complaint and it's not a big one is that it doesn't seem to do well with powder detergent and I had a box of the old Tide that I had been hoarding and saving just for use with my diapers but it wouldn't rinse it through the dispenser very well.

croth7 10-05-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmrobinson (Post 15776002)
I have an LG HE toploader that sounds just like these. They don't have a name and just say waveforce on them. They have model numbers but I can't figure out what ours is. Pretty sure this is the one we have and I got it for $700 last year during Columbus day sale. My only complaint and it's not a big one is that it doesn't seem to do well with powder detergent and I had a box of the old Tide that I had been hoarding and saving just for use with my diapers but it wouldn't rinse it through the dispenser very well.

I keep reading reviews that the HE TL don't have a hot water setting on them. The reviews read that the water is tepid at best. Is this true?