Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   outgrowing diapers, about to potty learn, what do you do? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450952)

tentrevival 10-05-2012 07:00 PM

outgrowing diapers, about to potty learn, what do you do?

Our easy folds are still good, but the rise is just getting a little shorter than I'd like on my 23 month old. I don't like him in such tight diapers, but I hate saggy diapers too and we plan to start potty training him in March, so about 5 months. Is it worth it to get a whole new stash of covers for just a few months?

armywife21 10-05-2012 07:08 PM

Re: outgrowing diapers, about to potty learn, what do you do?

If he isn't getting red marks I would just deal with it but if its bothering you and you can afford it get the bigger ones. You don't know for sure if he will be ready to potty train in march he could do it tomorrow he might not be ready till summer. I'd just get a brand that has a good resale value.

eileprose 10-05-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armywife21 (Post 15775915)
If he isn't getting red marks I would just deal with it but if its bothering you and you can afford it get the bigger ones. You don't know for sure if he will be ready to potty train in march he could do it tomorrow he might not be ready till summer. I'd just get a brand that has a good resale value.

I agree with this. My sons potty trained at vastly different ages. One was almost 3 and my son with sensory issues was even older. If you can't stick it out with your current diapers I would buy a small stash of diapers that fit in a brand with resale value.

mommyofboyz 10-05-2012 08:16 PM

My son is 19 months and I just destashed his diapers I was just ready for some easier ones. What brands do have great resell prices? I'm wanting to get done aio's.

armywife21 10-05-2012 08:20 PM

Elementals and swaddlebees are good I'm not sure what else we don't use them but hopefully someone else can help! I know those both move pretty fast on FSOT though.

LaurenAppenzeller 10-05-2012 08:37 PM

Has he shown any interest in the potty yet? Why not try starting now. Is there a reason you want to wait until March? In my experience the sooner you start the easier it is :) just a thought. I trained my son around 2 and he caught on quick.

qsefthuko 10-05-2012 08:42 PM

I had the same decision to make when ds1 was around 2 years old. Thinking he would potty train within a few months we chose not to buy more cloth. In the end we wound up paying out more money for sposies than we would have if we had just gone ahead and gotten him bigger cloth diapers.

RockinLou 10-05-2012 08:53 PM

a few months before DD potty trained we moved internationally, many of her well, well, well loved diapers were left behind with a family in need of them, so we had a bare bones stash. I had 6 AIOs that I could use for Daddy and school... I ended up buying 6 toddler prefolds and 2 size large Fluffys covers, so she was down to 12 diapers but it was enough if we put her in a disposable at night. It worked out just fine to have our 2 year old on a bare bones stash, and it cost me less than $50 to do it. The covers resold quickly, and I've hung onto the prefolds for DS's toddler days. I only sold the covers because I let her pick them out and they were as girly as you can get, and I probably wouldn't have let them sit for 2 years for DS anyway, cotton doesn't bother me but I just dont trust PUL and elastic in storage that long.