Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   This made me cry first and then made me get out my camera. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450953)

shouldbedoinglaundry 10-05-2012 07:02 PM

This made me cry first and then made me get out my camera.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alliso...b_1926073.html

How did this article make you feel after you read it? Please respond!

Hi-Dog 10-05-2012 07:09 PM

Re: This made me cry first and then made me get out my camera.

Hiding from the camera has become my "thing". Always making sure that my chubby leg is out of the shot when taking pics of my baby girl and getting upset when DH takes a pic of the DD and I sleeping because I will always have a double chin. I forever hide my soft deflated beach ball belly behind my large purse or my ring sling. . . it's hard going from feeling like a baby growing goddess fiercely proud of my round and hard tummy to feeling like an empty vessel. I love my girl with all my heart and I can't wait to love myself again.

RainandRedemption 10-05-2012 07:15 PM

good article. made me cry too. LOVE the pics at the bottom of all the kids with their mamas

Done at 3 10-05-2012 07:31 PM

Love this!

jbug_4 10-05-2012 07:35 PM

It did make me cry. As an adult orphan whose parents (both them) were always behind the camera I make a point of getting in the pictures. I wish I had taken more before kids- some of my favorites of my parents were before I was born. I have tons of pictures of me, my aunt (she's only a year older than me) and my cousin, but very few with my mother or father. I always look at pictures from the view- if I die my children will cherish them no matter how I looked or felt about myself. I don't photograph well, but I won't hide from the camera because I know it won't matter to them. It sure doesn't matter to me when I look at the few pictures I have of my parents.

myblessedbaby 10-05-2012 07:37 PM

I shared it on FB. I'm guilty of staying out of the pic.

thoennes6 10-05-2012 07:37 PM

Great article! Thanks for sharing it:)

Geckmumto3 10-05-2012 08:01 PM

I read it this morning, shared it on FB and contributed a photo. I am so guilty of not being in photos. Not only do I like messing with my camera, but I dislike how I look in photos. But, I know better. My Mom was camera shy and my Dad was a photographer. They are both gone, and I have few photos of them. I need to do better.

Scarlett's mommy 10-05-2012 08:01 PM

im not even going to finish reading that. i hate that guilt trip my mother gives it to me all the time. i am a grown up and if i dont want my picture taken do not take it. i dont like the way i look and never have i dont want permanent evidence of what that i look like.

shouldbedoinglaundry 10-05-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilyMae12 (Post 15775919)
Hiding from the camera has become my "thing". Always making sure that my chubby leg is out of the shot when taking pics of my baby girl and getting upset when DH takes a pic of the DD and I sleeping because I will always have a double chin. I forever hide my soft deflated beach ball belly behind my large purse or my ring sling. . . it's hard going from feeling like a baby growing goddess fiercely proud of my round and hard tummy to feeling like an empty vessel. I love my girl with all my heart and I can't wait to love myself again.

I know. I hate my stomach, too. The only time I feel good about it is when I'm pregnant because it's supposed to be big, right? Now that I'm not pregnant, I like having a child on my lap to cover it up!!