Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Could his rash be from BG Freetimes? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450957)

Mom21 10-05-2012 07:12 PM

Could his rash be from BG Freetimes?

I love the fit of snap Freetimes on my 9 month old. They're trim on him and super absorbant and just all kinds of awesome. But, I have a problem. Twice in the past two weeks, he's had a bright red rash during a change and both times were being changed out of Freetimes. Day before yesterday I took him out of his dipe after picking him up from daycare and both cheeks were bright red and looked grazed, and he had another abrasion type looking bright red spot next to his scrotum. I hadn't looked to see if the inserts were twisted and letting the microfiber touch him when I took it off him but has anyone had issues with them causing rashes? I have 20 of them and love that he can easily gnaw his little feet with these, I don't want to sell them! :cry:

Catbutt Diapers 10-05-2012 07:31 PM

Re: Could his rash be from BG Freetimes?

If you have 20 of them, and its only happened 2 times in 2 weeks, probably not. If it was the suede cloth, it would be all 20. It might be be something about just that one or two diapers.

eileprose 10-05-2012 07:36 PM

Hmm, this has me thinking. I love my freetimes but I did see a kind of small abrasion on my lo's bum recently. It was just the one day though and I don't remember if I was changing her out of a freetime. I suspect that if one of the flaps turns up it could cause this type of abrasion. I'll watch and let you know if I notice it again.

I wonder if i could sew/tack a lining over the exposed mf so that it can't touch the skin no matter what.

Mom21 10-05-2012 07:36 PM

I have a bunch (went a little nuts with the recent b5g1), but he'd been in 4.0 pockets stuffed with hemp trifolds most of the day both times before the Freetimes. I switch it up and he'll be in 4.0's, Freetimes, Flips, Basix or Totbots at any give time lol. I know he's not sensitive to suedecloth but I'm wondering if the microfiber somehow touched his skin or if it's just too much microfiber, too close to him.

I think you may be right eileprose. I didn't look at the flaps bc I was focused on his red butt but I wonder if they got turned up. They are such awesome dipes as far as fit and absorbency but he's still a little red tonight - this road rashy rash is going to take a while to heal :(

Hi-Dog 10-05-2012 07:38 PM

My guess it's from microfiber touching him somehow (especially if it's after daycare since they might not notice, maybe?). I know my DD got some redness when we had buildup in other mf diapers we had and stripping them fixed it. I love my Freetimes, too, so I hope you can resolve your issue!

eileprose 10-05-2012 07:47 PM

My little one's abrasion went away really quick (the next day?) and I use my freetimes at least 3 times a day (like you I switch it up with 4.0, flips, and some others). I think you might just have to tell day care that the flaps have to be down or get a little fabric to line them with. Any stay dry liner tacked in 3 spots might do it.