Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Silly question... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450986)

Green Decals 10-05-2012 08:57 PM

Silly question...

When you see the legs/crotch on ultrasound, from the bottom looking up, obviously you will see a penis/scrotum if it is a boy, but will there be anything bulging out/obvious if it is a girl? Or can you basically see "nothing" and have it be a boy (toilet shot, if you will, with nothing showing)?

Trynitey 10-06-2012 08:52 AM

Re: Silly question...

Depends on how far along you are and if baby girl is swollen. Usually in the early months you will see just 3 lines for a girl, further along, sometimes it's more heart shaped.

lisha622 10-06-2012 10:04 AM

The 3 lines is what have always been pointed out to us to show it's a girl (with DD1, they showed us the 3 lines, and she came out a girl... this time they showed us the 3 lines too). I would be curious is anyone was ever shown the 3 lines, told it was "a girl," and then ended up having a boy. I assume if the 3 lines are obvious, then it's a girl for sure... but then, I'm not sure how people are told wrong sometimes!

rachaeljohnson 10-06-2012 06:08 PM

with lor we had a 3d u/s at 17 weeks and they had a picture from the back of her legs (we didn't want to know gender so they didn't show us the front) and i swore there were balls, so i had myself convinced it was a boy. Nope, just swollen girly parts.

My_Tree_Grows 10-07-2012 03:08 PM

I take it you got an accidental glimpse during the U/S and are now worried that you know more than you wanted to know? Or am I projecting my situation onto you? ;)

abunchoflemons 10-07-2012 03:27 PM

Depends on hoe detailed. Regular we saw 3 dots (maybe lines if mine wasn't trying to hide). Boys yes is obvious from those I know saw gender & showed me. One boy peed during u/s. In more detailed we can really se if girl.

Green Decals 10-08-2012 09:31 AM

LOL the heart looked fine, the head looked fine, kidneys, hands, feet, spine, etc. My worry now? NO GENITALS. Like, maybe the baby is transgendered - I had the same worry with my youngest, and he came out very well endowed, as in, bigger than his 3-year-old brother (and still is). We all need something to freak out about, right? Does it help that I was certain in the beginning that this is a boy, and yet can't bring myself to knit anything but purple now, but can't stand pink? I keep picturing him in these cute little purple things and dresses. Even my 3-year-old tried on a Hanna dress the other day and immediately started spinning in it, and it was adorable... I have definite girl vibes, and have since before the ultrasound, but am so darn confused about it. I think the tech changed the resolution or something, it's not like I actually got a good look, but from what I did see, there were no genitals at ALL. And I was 20 weeks exactly, so there should have been something there - then again, maybe I did see it, but blocked it out because I didn't want to know! That happened with my oldest, it was a super clear "here is a penis and here is a scrotum" plain as day, large as can be, right in front of me, and literally 2 minutes later I didn't remember seeing ANYTHING. Ah, preggy psychosis!

Quote:

=My_Tree_Grows;15781894]I take it you got an accidental glimpse during the U/S and are now worried that you know more than you wanted to know? Or am I projecting my situation onto you? ;)

808mamaof3 10-08-2012 01:54 PM

With both boys we definitely saw "turtle"...this time..."hamburger" for a girl...the space where the boy parts are had nothing. I still often feel its too good to be true as we have 2 boys already, but I' been feeling 'girl' this whole pg from conception on. An u/s tech, my OB and the fetal diagnotic MD all said girl at three diff u/s..so I think I'm in denisl, lol.

peaches330 10-12-2012 10:33 AM

It really depends. When I went in at 18 weeks her labia were swollen so even though the tech said girl, I kept thinking that they could possible be a scrotum and that we we just couldn't find the penis :giggle:. When I went somewhere else for my anatomy scan at 20 weeks though, there was nothing sticking out at all and she was able to focus on the area where stuff was swollen before and just pointed out the 3 lines. I wouldn't worry and I think that maybe it's a girl because there were times during the u/s where I just would see nothing at all if the tech wasn't focusing on the genitals. Like when she was measuring the leg bones, I wouldn't see the 3 lines.