Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Activities for young children (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451000)

Fishie Kisses 10-05-2012 10:17 PM

Activities for young children

Need some help! For our kids' Christmas lists this year, we are requesting ACTIVITIES instead of stuff. Jordan (almost 5) is totally covered since he'll finally be old enough for pretty much everything (including soccer!! YAY!) and his list is pretty long. Logan (almost 3) has a medium list. And for Connor (18m) all I can come up with is swim lessons and the zoo. Looking for things in a variety of price ranges so no matter the budget, they have options.

Alaga 10-05-2012 10:24 PM

What about a music class, or membership to a children's museum?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Fishie Kisses 10-05-2012 10:35 PM

Re: Activities for young children

Excellent idea! I didn't even realize we had one here. It's free for the younger 2, so it doesn't really work as a Christmas gift, but still a great activity!

EmilytheStrange 10-05-2012 10:35 PM

Definitely a music class and a membership to a play place or something of you have it locally.

Fishie Kisses 10-05-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 15776694)
Definitely a music class and a membership to a play place or something of you have it locally.

I was hoping for a Gymboree type thing, but there is no Gymboree here and My-Gym is $65 PER MONTH!!! :jawdrop: Family might pay for 1 month, but there is no way we could continue after that.

Off to look for music-type classes

mekat 10-06-2012 12:06 AM

We did both Gymboree and Music Together classes. Music Together had a better program by far. I thought for what was offered the Gymboree music class wasn't very good. I also had problems cancelling their classes. Even assuming our local Gymboree was just poorly managed I can say with confidence the Music Together class had better music, better activities and just as a whole was a lot more fun.

corinne76 10-06-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mekat
We did both Gymboree and Music Together classes. Music Together had a better program by far. I thought for what was offered the Gymboree music class wasn't very good. I also had problems cancelling their classes. Even assuming our local Gymboree was just poorly managed I can say with confidence the Music Together class had better music, better activities and just as a whole was a lot more fun.

Agreed. We did music together too. I looked in on a gymboree music class and MT was by far better.

Geckmumto3 10-06-2012 05:57 AM

Does your library offer programs? Our library and art gallery pair to put out programs for kids from toddlerhood through teens and the programs are excellent. What about passes to indoor play places? Some sort of pre-dance classes? Community centres often offer all sorts of programs for little ones, too.