Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Not "feeling" pregnant (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451032)

mel281 10-06-2012 07:46 AM

Not "feeling" pregnant

So I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks in August. I never really felt "off," ie, "pregnant," or anything other than my usual self.

So I got a BFP 2 days ago (I was 12 DPO), and now I can't help but feel that, save for the one day I took the test, I haven't felt very pregnant this time either. I keep feeling like this is going to end in miscarriage too. I am fighting the urge to go to the dollar store and buy a bunch of HPTs so I can test every other day.

Until last cycle, I have two children already and last cycle's was my first m/c, so I keep trying to convince myself it was a fluke and not likely to happen again, but I can't help it because I don't feel any different.

Is this typical to feel this way, both emotionally and lack of symptoms wise?

RunawayBunny 10-06-2012 10:50 AM

Very typical. Remember, most major symptoms dont start until 6 or 7 weeks. Even so, this is my "rainbow" pregnancy and didnt have a single instance or morning sickness (almost 13 weeks now). I definitely started feeling more tired at 6 or 7 weeks, but if I didnt know I was pregnant I would have blamed it on DS. I am certainly feeling it (the pregnancy) these days.

I know its very hard not to worry. There is a great pregnancy after loss thread if you'd like.

And congrats!

myblessedbaby 10-06-2012 12:34 PM

Re: Not "feeling" pregnant

I'd go to the dollar store and get those tests. I've experienced a lot of loss and seeing which way the line is going was always helpful to me. it's normal not to feel pregnant that early on, but when you've had a loss normal isn't always comforting.

booty hunter 10-06-2012 12:37 PM

I go through this every time. First I complain because I don't feel pregnant and really just want to feel bad so I know everything is ok. Then I complain that I feel so bad and really just want to not feel so bad so I can enjoy the pregnancy. :giggle:

Erinne 10-06-2012 01:15 PM

I had a really early loss last cycle and just found out I'm pg again, and I feel the exact same way. Logically I know that it's totally normal not to be feeling too bad yet, but it's still just scary. I hope you get answers soon!

EmilytheStrange 10-06-2012 03:10 PM

normal yes. I experienced an early loss that I didn't even know I was pregnant. It took me by surprise.

So, I've been very worried this pregnancy. I have not felt the need to pee on a lot of sticks because I know that logically, it can take awhile for your HCG hormone levels to come down enough not to show up as pregnant on a test. So, I would never be able to trust the test anyways.

I just remember what it was like - the awful cramping and the copious amounts of blood. And I tell myself that as long as I don't have that, I'm fine. And I pray a lot.

amcess721 10-06-2012 03:42 PM

Totally normal. I think I was just shy of 7 weeks before I started getting any symptoms this time around.
The first time around, my girls got tender around 6 weeks.

chandni3 10-06-2012 06:28 PM

I've been worrying. You can check my poll on when m/s started for most people. It's kinda split, about 40% before 6 weeks, and 40% after 6 weeks and then a few who don't feel sick at all. I was sooooo sick with my daughter. I never want to be that sick again, but of course I would for my baby but I'm not really feeling sick at all this time and so I'm worried but I don't want to feel sick either. I just started getting a metalic taste at 6 weeks in my mouth so I'm happy that I''m feeling something.

mapleleaf88 10-06-2012 07:48 PM

Other than severe morning sickness, I've just started to really "feel pregnant". My belly is feeling hard, my breasts are tender and bigger, my face had exploded in acne, etc.
Even though for the passed month I've missed 2 weeks of work and haven't been able to get out of bed or eat anything, I had this irrational fear that I just had some sort of awful stomach bug, or that I was just going through all of that for nothing and I would end up miscarrying. I don't know why!
But I woke up this morning feeling incredibly pregnant. I'm not sure what had changed, or maybe I just noticed it more today!
Good luck mama!!

twinpossible 10-06-2012 09:31 PM

SO SO normal! I also have two living kids and a miscarriage. It just randomly happens sometimes. I have never felt pregnant until about 7 or 8 weeks. Just give it some time and try to stay positive. You already have a couple kids so you know your body CAN do this :)