Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   S/O Mamas that circed, do you feel judged? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451099)

KaleidoscopeEyes 10-06-2012 12:56 PM

S/O Mamas that circed, do you feel judged?

just wondering.

jbug_4 10-06-2012 01:05 PM

Re: S/O Mamas that circed, do you feel judged?

Only on here, but I don't open up circ/intact threads. I don't really know how to explain it- I don't personally feel judged but I still feel judged. And not by every one just some mamas on here get pretty passionate and we all know how nasty things can sometimes get. IRL I have only ever met 1 intact person, so being intact is consider more of an oddity the circ around here.

s@hmommy 10-06-2012 01:35 PM

Just here, but I really don't care. It's just like the abortion debate, everyone thinks their pov is the only right one and their is good evidence for both sides so the fight goes on.

Terra 10-06-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s@hmommy (Post 15778273)
Just here, but I really don't care. It's just like the abortion debate, everyone thinks their pov is the only right one and their is good evidence for both sides so the fight goes on.

This is a good way to put it :)

Like I said in the other thread my first is circ'ed because personally I didn't have all the information. My second is intact. I changed my mind after some moms on here helped me out. But those moms were nice, did not ever say that my first was mutilated or not perfect. I would have never listened to someone like that.

thealmightyme 10-06-2012 01:42 PM

Another vote for just here. Now with all of the anti-circ threads I see, I feel guilty that I did it. I really don't think I should have to feel guilty for a parenting choice I made for my children.

Terra 10-06-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thealmightyme (Post 15778294)
Another vote for just here. Now with all of the anti-circ threads I see, I feel guilty that I did it. I really don't think I should have to feel guilty for a parenting choice I made for my children.

:hugs: Do not feel guilty. This is what I'm talking about with those that contribute to mommy wars. It is NOT right. And TBH, outside of parenting boards at least in the places I've been, no one really talks about it and it's not near the deal it is here.

EmilytheStrange 10-06-2012 01:55 PM

I don't have a son, but we're team green and I'm pregnant.

because of the nasty comments on here, I will never tell anyone what we choose if we have a boy.

the options enter my mind constantly and we've discussed what DH would like to do in the event this baby becomes a boy - since we will have just days to figure it out. I already feel judged just because I am considering both options and I know some people think it's so cut and dry that I shouldn't be.

doulamomma 10-06-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terra

This is a good way to put it :)

Like I said in the other thread my first is circ'ed because personally I didn't have all the information. My second is intact. I changed my mind after some moms on here helped me out. But those moms were nice, did not ever say that my first was mutilated or not perfect. I would have never listened to someone like that.

I have girls, but plan on keeping any future sons intact. I hate when people say things like mutilated, or that its abusive. Thats not gonna convince anyone to change their mind. More flys with honey than vinegar kwim?

**my auto correct changed flys to sluts rotfl

Sent from my droid

MaiosameruMommy 10-06-2012 02:03 PM

I don't feel judged at all, to each their own.

chandni3 10-06-2012 02:12 PM

On here and in the news when they're trying to ban it. I don't have a son but I'm pregnant. My husband's not circ but because of our religious beliefs we will circ this baby. I don't think not-circ is dirty or gross (I like my husband). I believe there are some benefits to circ but not-circ isn't a big deal. I don't believe circ is genital mutilation and that my child will suffer terrible pain and not enjoy sex when an adult. I will make sure it's a loose circ and that he's give something for pain.