Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What do i use now? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451115)

Aubrey<3Gavin 10-06-2012 01:59 PM

What do i use now?

DD is too big for her bouncer/exersaucer thingy, so what do I do with her when I need to get something done...like finish cooking dinner? She is very curious and stubborn, so she gets into a lot if she isn't watched like a hawk! :giggle:

ISO......BG 4.0 in aplix

mapleleaf88 10-06-2012 02:11 PM

My little guy hit the 22 lb weight limit for his exersaucer, bouncy chair, jolly jumper, and swing by 4 months!! I thought you were supposed to be able to use them for like a year!!
Anyways, it sounds like it's time to babywear or pull out the playpen!

chandni3 10-06-2012 02:13 PM

Re: What do i use now?

I put my daughter in her high chair and move it into the kitchen. She likes watching. If she's extra fussy I'll give her treats.

slimy72 10-06-2012 02:16 PM

I think it's called a super yard, or something but we call it baby jail. It works great! They can't get out and can be contained with toys and things that can't hurt them when you have to get something done. Or possibly a pack and play in the kitchen if that won't fit so she can see/interact with you but not get hurt.

jbug_4 10-06-2012 02:18 PM

Bottom of our pantry is fair game. They can play with anything in there. Also use the high chair or booster and toys. But the favorite is always the pantry. about half of our bottom cabinets our open and have safe stuff in there- pots, pans, tupperware type things. Bottom shelf of pantry is canned goods, bottled water and anything else they can't open themselves- its had to be rearranged as ds is able to open more. use to have sealed pasta boxes down there, but since he can get in them now they have been exchanged for a 25 pound bag of sealed flour. Any cabinet with something dangerous is locked.

EmilytheStrange 10-06-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbug_4 (Post 15778397)
Bottom of our pantry is fair game. They can play with anything in there. Also use the high chair or booster and toys. But the favorite is always the pantry. about half of our bottom cabinets our open and have safe stuff in there- pots, pans, tupperware type things. Bottom shelf of pantry is canned goods, bottled water and anything else they can't open themselves- its had to be rearranged as ds is able to open more. use to have sealed pasta boxes down there, but since he can get in them now they have been exchanged for a 25 pound bag of sealed flour. Any cabinet with something dangerous is locked.

this. I just made things for her to get into, safely.

I did use the high chair with toys at times and I like walkers.

I do not particularly like the idea of babywearing while cooking. Too many times I burn myself or splash boiling water while draining, etc. Not gonna put my baby in front of myself like an apron. Maybe backcarry, but sometimes you really do need to put the baby down for a moment :)

I used the 'playpen' only for when I took showers. I suppose if it had been downstairs, I might have used it more, but I don't think she would have agreed to it :)

mapleleaf88 10-06-2012 02:35 PM

Oh yeah, I'd never do a front carry while cooking... Sorry, I figured that would just be common sense. My apartment is open concept and the playpen is between the kitchen and living room, so he's in sight and interacting with me... If your house is set up differently then it may not work for you, but it does for us.

EmilytheStrange 10-06-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapleleaf88 (Post 15778452)
Oh yeah, I'd never do a front carry while cooking... Sorry, I figured that would just be common sense. My apartment is open concept and the playpen is between the kitchen and living room, so he's in sight and interacting with me... If your house is set up differently then it may not work for you, but it does for us.

was just putting it out there, but not meaning that YOU would do that. :goodvibes:

I only ever had front carriers with DD. I'd like to get a good versatile carrier for this baby though.

greencrunchymama 10-06-2012 02:52 PM

I put my DD on the kitchen floor with some toys and wooden spoons, etc. I can watch her but she's far enough away that she is safe :)

AnimalHouse 10-06-2012 02:55 PM

I either babywear (on my back), or give baby some spoons and measuring cups to play with.