Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Is it okay.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451173)

NiNi 10-06-2012 04:28 PM

Is it okay....

I'm genuinely asking because I don't know. I don't do this but one of my friends does and when I found out I was a little shocked. So I'm wondering if it's acceptable or not.

My friend has a 21 month old daughter. They live in a condo, where the garage is under the kitchen, it's attached. When her daughter falls asleep in the car and She know she needs a nap, she lets her sleep in the car, leaves the car door open, the garage door open, and goes up one flight of stairs and does what she needs to.

Is this okay?

sent from my iPhone. excuse all typos :)

thealmightyme 10-06-2012 04:33 PM

I can't see where that would not be against laws.

southernbelle04 10-06-2012 04:36 PM

Not sure about legality but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Fishie Kisses 10-06-2012 04:38 PM

Re: Is it okay....

If it were me, I might consider it if it were cool out, BUT I would NOT leave the big garage door open. I would open the car doors (probably ALL of them to ensure circulation) and leave the door to the house open. If it was even a little warm outside, no, I would not do it

I've been lucky that my kids all go right back to sleep, so I've never needed to consider this

rumblepurr 10-06-2012 04:46 PM

Interesting question. If she can hear the child and the garage is heated/cooled for the weather, and the garage door to the road is shut and locked, I'm wondering if it would be any different from being in the main house. I've never had an attached garage, so I don't know what it would be like. In our garage, even if it was attached, no way! We keep chemicals there that could be off gassing and it has bugs, mice and other nasty stuff in it :yuck:. A friend of mine actually uses her attached garage as a play area for her kids during the day and cars at night. It is clean, child proof and the kids love riding their trikes around in it. In that kind of situation it would be different.

abunchoflemons 10-06-2012 05:35 PM

I don't know about that. I would take seat & kid upstairs. Fumes even though off would be a concern or if. Hot outside. Like just to take groceries in ok but not more than that 4 me. I heard friend say they were caught leaving kids in car to do fast errand even with windows down.

JennTheMomma 10-06-2012 05:36 PM

If it were an attached garage next to where she is instead of under where she is, then I wouldn't see a big deal at all with it. Not sure how I feel with the garage under where she is going to be. Now if she were outside doing yard work or whatever, no big deal at all to me.

KaleidoscopeEyes 10-06-2012 06:10 PM

i wouldnt have any problem with it. the child is in a part of the house right?

L J 10-06-2012 06:12 PM

Outdoor garage door locked, climate controlled garage, absolutely.

I don't have a garage so I just plop down on the grass outside the car to wait out the nap. :laugh: (When the temp doesn't require a/c or heat, like today.)

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 10-06-2012 06:12 PM

no way, that is crazy!