Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   positive opk after ovulation? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451179)

beckstar 10-06-2012 04:47 PM

positive opk after ovulation?

it happens, right?

i mean, im sure of when i ovulated due to cp/cm and heavy cramping...but i decided to take an opk on a whim today and it's hellooooo bfp!

Harmony96 10-06-2012 04:49 PM

Re: positive opk after ovulation?

Could be one of two things...

1) your body just geared up to O back when you thought you did

2) you're pregnant (since OPKs will turn positive with hCG as well as LH)

Fishie Kisses 10-06-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harmony96 (Post 15778853)
Could be one of two things...

1) your body just geared up to O back when you thought you did

2) you're pregnant (since OPKs will turn positive with hCG as well as LH)

I was going to say exactly this :)

beckstar 10-06-2012 04:59 PM

yah cant be the 2nd one, im only 2dpo...and i took an hpt cuz im hopeful like that as well...

but i am pretty spot on knowing when i ovulate these days, even without temping...and my cp/cm is very post o...i even get this little ridge on my cervix after ovulation and it's there...

i'm wondering if it's just the tail end of the lh surge...i dunno. with the twins i got positive opk's three days in a row...maybe i just surge like a mutha.

Fishie Kisses 10-06-2012 05:03 PM

lol...maybe a double O?

beckstar 10-06-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses (Post 15778883)
lol...maybe a double O?

guess we'll find out soon enough....

snoggle 10-06-2012 05:24 PM

They can stay positive for a week or more after they first turn positive/after ovulation. Doesn't mean you ovulated again or anything like that. It just takes a while for the LH to get out of your system. Once you ovulate, no reason to bother with OPK's again in that cycle. BTW, usually when a woman ovulates multiple eggs (naturally, not due to fertility drugs), she'll ovulate them about 12-24 hours apart, not days apart. So, ovulating multiple eggs wouldn't show up any differently on the OPK's. The OPK is measuring the hormone that makes ovulation happen, not anything with the actual ovulation itself.

snoggle 10-06-2012 05:52 PM

Oh yeah, you could be pregnant too, but for that to make an OPK positive, you'll usually have a positive urine pregnancy test. If its been long enough, do a preggo test!

NOTWMommy 10-06-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoggle
They can stay positive for a week or more after they first turn positive/after ovulation. Doesn't mean you ovulated again or anything like that. It just takes a while for the LH to get out of your system. Once you ovulate, no reason to bother with OPK's again in that cycle. BTW, usually when a woman ovulates multiple eggs (naturally, not due to fertility drugs), she'll ovulate them about 12-24 hours apart, not days apart. So, ovulating multiple eggs wouldn't show up any differently on the OPK's. The OPK is measuring the hormone that makes ovulation happen, not anything with the actual ovulation itself.

Hijacking :)

That is super helpful. Mine are usually positive for at least 3 days and I was staring to second guess when I was ovulating. So just because the opk is still positive does NOT mean that you haven't yet ovulated, correct?

RunawayBunny 10-06-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOTWMommy

Hijacking :)

That is super helpful. Mine are usually positive for at least 3 days and I was staring to second guess when I was ovulating. So just because the opk is still positive does NOT mean that you haven't yet ovulated, correct?

Just a word of caution, your body can absolutely gear up to ovulate and then not do it. I had one cycle where I got a few days of positive but no temp shift. Five days later I got another positive and a temp rise. Granted, I have problems ovulating, but it happens to all women (stressed out/sickness can delay it).