Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In June (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   How will you reveal? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451231)

MyM&W 10-06-2012 08:01 PM

I ordered a couple shirt decals. Dds will say "I'm going to be a big sister again!" And ds will say "I'm going to be a big brother" we plan on going to my parents house and "expose" the shirts!!

SaraElise 10-06-2012 08:27 PM

Re: How will you reveal?

I'm not sure yet how well tell family, it will probably be soon since

1) we are having a 21st birthday party for my BIL at our house next week and it will be super obvious if I don't drink anything
and
2) we're going to Cedar Point in 2 weeks with family and I am obsessed with roller coasters, they will know something is up if I suddenly just decline going on anything the whole day

I was thinking making big brother/big sister shirts for my kids at my son's birthday party, but I don't know

As for facebook and other friends we aren't as close with, I'm thinking of saying something like "I told Anthony I wanted either a puppy or a baby for my birthday, he said no to the puppy" since I am due on my birthday :)

Or I've thought about doing a family picture with my husband and I each holding one of our kids hands, and then the ultrasound in the 4th hand saying something like "we had an extra hand that needed holding"

Erinne 10-06-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaraElise (Post 15779606)

1) we are having a 21st birthday party for my BIL at our house next week and it will be super obvious if I don't drink anything
and
2) we're going to Cedar Point in 2 weeks with family and I am obsessed with roller coasters, they will know something is up if I suddenly just decline going on anything the whole day

I was thinking making big brother/big sister shirts for my kids at my son's birthday party, but I don't know

As for facebook and other friends we aren't as close with, I'm thinking of saying something like "I told Anthony I wanted either a puppy or a baby for my birthday, he said no to the puppy" since I am due on my birthday :)

Or I've thought about doing a family picture with my husband and I each holding one of our kids hands, and then the ultrasound in the 4th hand saying something like "we had an extra hand that needed holding"

"we had an extra hand that needed holding" LOVE THAT! So cute!
We're going to tell family when we see them at Christmas, but I'm not sure how yet. I guess it will depend on how big I am, but maybe wrap an ultrasound pic or something.

Fishie Kisses 10-06-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaraElise (Post 15779606)

and

I love those!!!

Fishie Kisses 10-06-2012 09:42 PM

We are planning to tell our families for Christmas. For my mom, we were trying to arrange to have all of us with kids pitch in to get her a Willow Tree grandparent set with all the grandkids, including the new baby. She'd count them for sure and would know there was an extra. But, I guess my sister already got her something, so that really won't work. I guess we could do it with just our kids, but we'll see.

Hadn't thought of anything specific for DH's side yet.

For Facebook, obviously we aren't telling til our parents know, so that'll be after Christmas and say something like "Stay tuned for the finale...June 2013" and a picture of the ultrasound or something

maddys_mama 10-06-2012 11:01 PM

We are telling folks in our Christmas cards. Dd will have a "veteran big sister" shirt and ds will have a "rookie big brother" shirt in the Christmas card picture. We'll see how long it takes for folks to notice :)

MyM&W 10-07-2012 07:26 AM

Love the ideas ladies!! Wish I had the will power to wait til Christmas

kissum 10-07-2012 08:10 AM

I am on the hunt for a big brother shirt for our littlest- I'm going to visit my inlaws in a few weeks and assuming we see a HB on my dating U/S we'll just have DS wear the shirt to get off the plane. I may have to tell my mom soon, because I can't stand it! But she can't keep a secret. So who knows what I'll do.

ElsieCayare 10-07-2012 08:40 AM

I wanted to bring fortune cookies as our dish to pass at Thanksgiving but DH's family are prudes and he says it would be inappropriate. "Man who make deposit get big return in nine months. Lucky numbers 6 2 2013"

So maybe a shirt that says "mom's thankful for me" over the belly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DS Forum

MyM&W 10-07-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kissum
I am on the hunt for a big brother shirt for our littlest- I'm going to visit my inlaws in a few weeks and assuming we see a HB on my dating U/S we'll just have DS wear the shirt to get off the plane. I may have to tell my mom soon, because I can't stand it! But she can't keep a secret. So who knows what I'll do.

Most of the ones I saw were pricey. I got some iron ons for $4 on stay!! Super cute too!!