Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Best nighttime diaper for heavy wetter? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451246)

jcarter 10-06-2012 08:55 PM

Best nighttime diaper for heavy wetter?

So DD is 6 months old and absolutely soaks through everything I've tried (fuzzibuns, flats, doubled-up prefolds, homemade fitteds with cotton soakers and microfiber doublers...). I hate changing her in the middle of the night because she wakes up and then it can take an hour to get her back to sleep. :banghead: So what is your favorite nighttime diaper?

BeccaSueCongdon 10-06-2012 09:11 PM

Not sure how big she is, mine are big babies so this might sound like a weird suggestion. Super undies makes a nighttime underpants that holds a lot and has room to stuff more inserts. Not sure how small their small runs, but if you have a big kiddo it's a least worth looking up the size info.

My DD was in 18mo clothes at 6mos bc of her booty.:-)

simplyleah87 10-06-2012 09:12 PM

Sbish with wool cover :)

momma_dna 10-06-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplyleah87

This. Our DS is a super soaker. We use Sbish snapless - use both doublers, fold bigger one in half in the wet zone, add an extra cotton doubler and a wool liner. Cover with wool. Perfect combo, soaks up a ton. The other day he slept longer than normal and 14.5hrs later the bed was still dry. Diaper was soaked but with wool over top we were good :)

sandrc 10-07-2012 07:58 AM

Re: Best nighttime diaper for heavy wetter?

thirsties duo fitted with a flip organic insert stuffed inside under a bummis pull on cover. the diaper is big but it works great for my 14 month old heavy wetter who still nurses at night.

amiecheatham 10-07-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplyleah87 (Post 15779800)

this. try this before you try a hundred other stuffing/doubling combinations and save yourself some heartache! the OBF fitteds are called the "magic" diaper for a reason!

cher0105 10-07-2012 10:51 AM

I have not had to resort to sbish with wool but I have heard incredible things about that combo! Its in the back of my head for if/when I have problems with my next one.

With stomach sleeping DD, before she was a toddler, this is what worked for her:
bumGenius stuffed with
Sandy's bamboo doubler, under a
Padfolded Hemp Babies flat, under a
Microfiber doubler (small).

Good luck!

jcarter 10-07-2012 07:20 PM

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I'll have to look into the Sbish.

Xanders 10-07-2012 07:56 PM

If you have a fleece soaker or wool on hand, put it over your existing night dipe for now. It's the dream combination!

Saharan 10-07-2012 07:57 PM

I like the sbish obf fitted with a fleece liner and a good thick wool soaker