Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   I bought the wrong size on a deal site :( (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451253)

eileprose 10-06-2012 09:07 PM

I bought the wrong size on a deal site :(

A few weeks ago zulily had a deal on Tea Collection clothes. As soon as I saw them I started to drool. But all of the clothes were summer. I didn't think that I could predict my kiddos size. So I closed the browser an walked away.

But it kept calling to me! They even sent me a email because I had put things in my cart but not bought. Eventually I caved and bought 4 dresses in what I thought would be her size next summer.

Well, I made an error or they made an error. I bought 'small' but really I should have bought 'medium'. They never said a months size on the site and somehow I read the chart wrong. The dresses got here yesterday and they are so pretty. The label inside says 6-12 months! She wears 3-6 now. The weight is 15-22 pounds and she is 12lbs now. At best they might fit her in early spring but never this summer. :(

I feel like an idiot. I knew this would happen and I did it anyway So what should I do? Layer them over long sleeve onesies and baby legs? Or keep them new with tags and try to resell in the spring and summer?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Only 10-06-2012 09:11 PM

Bummer! You could try layering!

earthflower 10-06-2012 09:14 PM

Re: I bought the wrong size on a deal site :(

layering them would be cute and then you can resell them?

Hands&Fire Pottery 10-06-2012 09:20 PM

Tea clothes should have good resale value either new or gently used. Did you try calling to see if you could exchange?

eileprose 10-06-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hands&Fire Pottery
Tea clothes should have good resale value either new or gently used. Did you try calling to see if you could exchange?

Zulily has a no exchange/return policy but I could try calling. I'm most upset in my mind. I have 2 boys and this is my first girl. I'm not that girly, but dressing her is so much fun. I had this image of her walking around next summer in this cuteness. Now, I have to change that mental image. It's probably post pregnancy hormones (she is 10 weeks today) but I really feel like crying. But crying over clothes is silly.

BoyCrazy 10-06-2012 09:34 PM

That is a bummer but I would just layer them! With tights, leggings, l/s shirts or cardigans. Just think if it as a chance to enhance the dresses with coordinating accessories in fun colors.

eileprose 10-06-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoyCrazy
That is a bummer but I would just layer them! With tights, leggings, l/s shirts or cardigans. Just think if it as a chance to enhance the dresses with coordinating accessories in fun colors.

Lol your right. I just have to figure out how. I'm a jeans and t shirt girl and a pony tail is as fancy as I get. This whole girl thing is a bit overwhelming. Boys were so easy!

evasimone 10-06-2012 09:46 PM

This happened to me on Zulilly too. I read the size chart for some european shoes wrong. They ended up being 2 sizes larger than I wear. :( I am trying to sell them on ebay.

EmilytheStrange 10-06-2012 09:53 PM

I would layer - it'll be cute :)

I don't buy from zulily anymore. I bought a dress that fit me horribly. Luckily, I was able to resell it immediately at the same price I paid for it.

But I just can't do the 'no returns' thing. I'm no good at it.

eileprose 10-06-2012 09:54 PM

I'm not exactly sure how I read the chart wrong. I really should have looked at the actual chart on the Tea Collection's site.

For reference here are my pretty pretty dresses. I guess I'll start working on my layering skills.

http://i.imgur.com/EQDKv.jpg