Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Chat Thread ~ Oct 7th-13th (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451308)

canadianbakers 10-07-2012 08:46 AM

Chat Thread ~ Oct 7th-13th

:wave: one more week down, mamas!!!

canadianbakers 10-07-2012 08:55 AM

Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 7th-13th

from last weeks' thread...

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 15779698)
It's official: my second trimester is sucking way more than the first one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 15779847)
I'm just like double nauseated. I barely made it through grocery shopping without puking or eating dinner. My abdominal area is extremely uncomfortable.

I'm hoping things are just moving and once the uterus has moved up or something, maybe this won't suck.

Its not horrible - I can't give the impression that it's so bad when others are on medications. But it was supposed to get better, not worse, with the second trimester :)

:bighug: Oh no. That stinks! I hope it's just a matter of another week or something and you get the wonderful 2nd trimester relief :crossfingers:
The discomfort you're having could be from stretching and growing in there - baby is growing a TON this trimester, like doubling in size each week :thud:, so it would make sense that we'll have some stretching to accomodate that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelseyH (Post 15779819)
But on a good note, I found the heart beat tonight!!! :D 145 bpm. It took me a while to get around the placenta but I got it after a couple minutes. So awesome to hear. :) I can't believe I didn't buy a doppler for DS!

:yay: for hb!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelseyH (Post 15779908)
Luckily he's not volunteer, so he never takes calls at home and I don't have to listen to a radio (thank GOD - my mother does though, haha). It's really only bad when something terrible happens at work and he can't help but carry it home.

It's really hitting DH hard. He's not a Christian and he's finding himself really struggling with some BIG "why" questions right now, so I know that's a contributor to his unrest.

:hugs: to you and your DH - that would be so tough, to see all these things happening and, really in the end, not be able to stop anything. :(
FWIW, I am a Christian... and I have LOADS of big why questions. This year has involved a lot of questioning faith and god, for me. It's not just those who aren't Christian who have those feelings and questions :)

AFM: :yay: Got DH's parents in their house!!! Now we just have to actually unpack the boxes and get things settled in :) We stayed all day and late into the evening last night helping out, and we're going back this afternoon. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and MIL wants to have dinner there, so we just have to get things situated and settled enough for that. :yummy: I can't wait for a good dinner!

13 weeks today, and Babe is still squirming around in there. :wub: I am sure I have felt some kicks, too - a big deal, Elli was never able to kick. They aren't strong, big baby kicks and jabs yet, but more sharp than the squirming, kwim? I usually feel Babe 3 or 4 times a day (like more than one movement, but at a few different times of the day she's active, I mean) It's nearly always the same times, too!

jenbengtson 10-07-2012 10:49 AM

man i have been so busy, we bought a new house so we have been painting and moving, and then we leave for vacation in 3 days....no time for resting.

mibarra 10-07-2012 01:24 PM

I'm getting nervous about not feeling kicks yet, but I just had a checkup yesterday and the heartbeat was good. I'm trying not to stress, but it's hard since my 1st pregnancy was a little traumatic.

BUT I'm feeling so much better now that 2nd trimester is here! Yay! :)

KelseyH 10-07-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers
:hugs: to you and your DH - that would be so tough, to see all these things happening and, really in the end, not be able to stop anything. :(
FWIW, I am a Christian... and I have LOADS of big why questions. This year has involved a lot of questioning faith and God, for me. It's not just those who aren't Christian who have those feelings and questions :)

Right, he's not alone - I guess if that's how it sounded, I didn't phrase it correctly. It's just that without my faith, I would have nowhere to really turn for TRUE peace and comfort. He is definitely lacking that and I can tell. He can't rest in knowing that there is a plan to prosper us, not to harm us, a plan that gives us hope and a future... Kwim? And he is carrying a lot of guilt about this stuff. He still feels guilty about a 15 yo boy they lost in the spring.

I just know he would find a lot of solace and healing in a real, deep relationship with Christ, but he's a little stubborn. I'm just afraid of what it's going to take for him to finally seek out God. Sometimes you (general) have to be brought to the lowest of low circumstances to realize you can't do life alone. I don't want to watch that happen.

Okay, sorry for rambling so off-topic! I'm done!

KelseyH 10-07-2012 02:02 PM

Oh, and I got the doppler out again today so DH could hear the heartbeat since he was at the station last night. He was all grins :) and then when I was done, said "okay, that is your limit for the week!" Silly :)

bai18176 10-07-2012 06:27 PM

I'm not quite to the second trimester yet, but I am so not feeling better. It's really taking a toll on my household. Just hoping it gets better soon. Really soon. I'm happy for those of you who are in the feeling good second trimester! I can't wait for my midwife appt this week to listen for the heartbeat :)

EmilytheStrange 10-07-2012 09:22 PM

Got out the Doppler tonight - got it at 143 :)

Oh that really was good money spent.

andrea020611 10-07-2012 09:36 PM

Happy thanksgiving to all the Canadian ladies :) im planning to stuff myself full of turkey tomorrow, nauseated or not lol.

mapleleaf88 10-08-2012 12:02 AM

Ugh. My stepson went back to his moms this afternoon, so we did turkey yesterday... And my MIL invited herself over, so I had to pretend to be okay with choking down the turkey while I wanted nothing to do with it. Not enjoyable! Lol the pie made up for it!
Today though, I can't eat again. Hoping it's just a bad day and tomorrow is better!