Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   MEOS for night (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451338)

yogamama28 10-07-2012 11:14 AM

MEOS for night

1. Which MEOS is most absorbent? My dd needs stay dry so I'll definitely get the snap in liner in stay dry but am open to other fabrics for the actual diaper. We will be using it at night.
2. What PUL covers fit well over MEOS? Again, for night use (we aren't super interested in wool at night at this point because dd has a million fleece sleepers I'd hate to waste.)

sandhillcranes 10-07-2012 12:29 PM

Re: MEOS for night

MEAF fit well over meos. I wouldnt do meos at night but thats jmo. I liked the sandys at night though, they were roomier so u could stuff them. I wasnt a huge meos fan to be honest. Theyre cute but i just dont think theyre that absorbant and the rise is so low we couldnt add Extra doublers.

I also liked bummis whisper pants at night.

yogamama28 10-07-2012 12:51 PM

Thanks for the heads up. My dd is a heavy wetter which is why I am looking at fitteds for night so if its not super absorbent then I guess it won't work!

sandhillcranes 10-07-2012 12:59 PM

The best fitted ive tried for overnight was sbish. They are expensive. Usually can find them used for 17-20$.
We used motherease sandies. They were cheaper to find used. Usually can find them for 8-10$ used. I would "stuff" them with a hemp prefold or insert. I used fleece liners or cottonbabies socks for stay dry.
Now, i had all the stuffers already so didnt have to spend the $$ but if i had to start "from scratch" it might actually be cheaper to just suck it up and get the sbish. Theyre really great diapers.

yogamama28 10-07-2012 01:41 PM

Can sbish fit under Flips?

sandhillcranes 10-07-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogamama28
Can sbish fit under Flips?

Yes

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

KingsDaughter76 10-07-2012 06:56 PM

We LOVE our meos stay dry for nighttime!! It does hold a heavy wetter great if you use the snap in liner and then we always add a hemp insert under the snap in liner. Never a leak on my very super soaking son. He still nurses off and on all night too! I do use a woolybottoms soaker on top of his meos, and we still use his fleece sleepers in the winter too- no issues! :-)

togetherinthelandofoz 10-07-2012 08:46 PM

I use a MEOS at night with a snap in liner & a Green Line Bamboo Doubler folded in 4th and laid in the front (I have a little boy) He's an average wetter & 2 years old. It would be easy to add another doubler and still not be super bulky. I love the fit and it's easy to use a dappi pull on pant or Bummis pull on pant over it.

keithmommy 10-08-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsDaughter76
We LOVE our meos stay dry for nighttime!! It does hold a heavy wetter great if you use the snap in liner and then we always add a hemp insert under the snap in liner. Never a leak on my very super soaking son. He still nurses off and on all night too! I do use a woolybottoms soaker on top of his meos, and we still use his fleece sleepers in the winter too- no issues! :-)

I would have "liked" this if I could have. :) The only difference is that we use an airflow cover. Never had a leak, and we have a very wetter.

crunchyNurseMommy 10-08-2012 06:17 PM

My son is a heavy wetter too & sandy's worked good with a meaf cover but the meaf is bulky & fit sorta weird. Meos were too thin.

If you have fleece pjs, I would suggest lollidoos! They are a fleece pocket fitted. We stuff it with 2 flips prefolds when he was a super heavy wetter & even though it was very bulky - it worked!

Also it didn't require a cover. Which scared me for sure but truly doesn't need a cover esp with fleece pants or pjs over.

Only downside is compression leaks with elastic pants.