Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Green Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Help me use Dr. Bronner's! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451370)

indigo152 10-07-2012 12:02 PM

Help me use Dr. Bronner's!

I found a 32oz bottle of Dr. Bronner's peppermint castile liquid soap on sale today for $9.99. I have wanted to try it, and that seemed like a great price, so I picked up a bottle...now...what to do with it?
I would love to hear your recipes!

RainandRedemption 10-07-2012 12:39 PM

Re: Help me use Dr. Bronner's!

I love that stuff. I just squirt a little on a rag, wet the rag and wipe stuff down, put a bit in a spray bottle, fill with water and use to clean. Or in a bucket for mopping with a drop or two of tea tree oil. Curious to know if there are other ways to use it.... LOVE the way it smells :) It's my favorite cleaner

kalapolo 10-07-2012 12:47 PM

If you need hand soap, you can put about an inch in the bottom of a foaming soap pump and fill the rest with water. Works great!

indigo152 10-07-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainandRedemption
I love that stuff. I just squirt a little on a rag, wet the rag and wipe stuff down, put a bit in a spray bottle, fill with water and use to clean. Or in a bucket for mopping with a drop or two of tea tree oil. Curious to know if there are other ways to use it.... LOVE the way it smells :) It's my favorite cleaner

Sounds easy!
About how much do you need for mopping? That is going on my to-do list for sure this week!

firststella 10-07-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalapolo
If you need hand soap, you can put about an inch in the bottom of a foaming soap pump and fill the rest with water. Works great!

Yep that's what I do, and kids love the foam to wash their hands:)

GEM Cloth 10-07-2012 07:10 PM

We use it for all personal and household cleaning uses. Shampoo, face wash, body wash, hand soap, all-purpose cleaning spray, mopping, etc.

The peppermint soap does not disinfect but you can put a few drops of tea tree oil or lavender oil in it. I almost always get the tea tree oil or lavender soaps so they disinfect and I don't have to add anything to them.

nel11 10-08-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalapolo (Post 15781471)

Love this idea, thank you. To use it as dish soap, what ratio of Dr. Bronner's to water would you recommend?

Southern Momma 10-16-2012 12:23 PM

I love Dr. Bronner's but have only ever used it in the shower. I'm definitively going to try some other uses now :)

Kozmom 10-16-2012 01:55 PM

Great for shaving!

heavens earth 10-16-2012 02:02 PM

I make laundry soap out of the Dr.Bronners bar soaps, I bet the liquid soap would work just as well!