Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   I love my husband because... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451429)

blane,j,&morgansmom 10-07-2012 02:59 PM

I love my husband because...

Backstory: I've had a terrible week. If it could go wrong, it did. And to top it off I have been in bed sick for the whole weekend. My dh works out of town M-F and that leaves me to tackle every problem on my own. Most of the time he isnt even aware of whats going on at home.

I love my husband so much though. I have read thru the bashing of dh's here time and time again. This weekend my husband has stepped up and let me be sick in bed and he has done everything around here! Granted, my kids dont match, but no one is hungry and no one is yelling! My dh is a fantastic dad and husband. I will be so happy when his out of town days are done with and he is home full time!

If you read thru all my 'stuff' above, feel free to post why you love your dh or significant other!

s@hmommy 10-07-2012 03:01 PM

Re: I love my husband because...

My DH just did all the dishes and let me hire someone to mow the yard today so we can all just sit around for once.

jojoreta 10-07-2012 03:16 PM

Aww I'm sorry you don't feel well!

My hubbs did the dishes last night...he also swept the kitchen floor (of course he didn't sweep under the table :giggle: ) but he's off work for a month and has been playing with the kids so I am happy :)

**not so patiently waiting for baby #3 to arrive**

CaliRoll 10-07-2012 03:54 PM

I love my DH because as all our friends go through their rough patches in their marriage, he looks at me and says "I'm so glad we're a team and don't have to deal with that crap." Our relationship isn't perfect and he probably has a laundry list of the stuff I do that drives him batty. He's a great dad and knows that I need his help to be a good mom. He knows when I need time off and makes me take it, even if it means going WITH me to get a pedicure, just to make sure I went.

He's also drop-dead sexy, IMO. A pretty face never hurts. :blush:

cbreeding 10-07-2012 04:08 PM

All around my DH is awesome-both as a husband and father. Although there are things we always need to work on or drive each other crazy, the good far, far, far outweighs the imperfections.

The last two weeks, I have been having some serious pain down one leg as a result of my sciatic nerve being pinched. DH has stepped up with no complaining and has just taken care of things. Even took a Friday off so I could have three full days of rest and recuperation while he takes care of things.

TJR2119 10-07-2012 04:14 PM

Yesterday the dishes were literally overflowing from the sink and on to the counter. I have no clue how this build up happened since I didn't cook dinner last night and I always try to go to bed with an empty sink. Well last night I was too exhausted. He came home and I knocked out shortly after. I woke up this morning to a spotless kitchen AND he had taken out the trash!

keen1981 10-07-2012 04:18 PM

Mine is gone a lot. But when he is home, he is 100% here 'mentally'. It's really critical to feel like he's home not just visiting.

FerventlyDreaming 10-07-2012 04:28 PM

DH is a wonderful man who has been by my side through some of the worst and best circumstances life could offer. He is not perfect but when I need him he is there. The thing I can say that means the world to me on a daily basis is his adoration for our son. He loves nothing more than enjoying every little moment in his life. Sharing that with him has been the highlight of my life.

Belle 10-07-2012 04:47 PM

...because he took both kids to Home Depot with him today and I got almost two hours of time to myself. :green:

babymakes3.4.5.... 10-07-2012 04:55 PM

...because he can seriously fix ANYTHING he puts his mind to, which saves us a lot of money. He's done everything from fixing my laptop (like taking it to prices to repair a broken part and putting it back together) to fixing and keeping up with maintenance on our vehicles, to home remodeling. His latest venture has been repairing our sewage line which can NOT be fun, obviously doesn't smell good, and has required a lot of manual digging, all of which has been done in addition to his regular 50+ hours a week job.

AND he's cooking supper tonight, and he is an amazing cook! SO much better than I am :)

<3 that man! God definitely sent me a great DH!