Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Do you own a fabric quilt? share pictures if you want. Would love to see them. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451466)

LittleABC 10-07-2012 06:06 PM

Do you own a fabric quilt? share pictures if you want. Would love to see them.

This is kinda stupid, but I have always always wanted a homemade quilt. My sister got 2. One as a baby(yes it was adult size) and one as a young adult. I however never got one. Its kinda funny that it is a goal of mine to one day afford to get one. (since i don't seem to be as special as my sister and get one made for me for free:banghead:)

Anyway, I was wondering if I am the only person to never own a handmade quilt. Please tell me I am not.

7 for now 10-07-2012 06:11 PM

My mom, both of my grandmas, dh's mom and aunt all quilt. We have lots of them. Each one has its own story and I love all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

reneaumommy 10-07-2012 06:12 PM

Re: Do you own a fabric quilt?

I have a twin size one my grandmother made me when I was little. DS has a twin size on his bed that I bought on ebay. I have several baby size ones also. 2 made by my grandma and one I bought on ebay.

LittleABC 10-07-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7 for now (Post 15782306)
My mom, both of my grandmas, dh's mom and aunt all quilt. We have lots of them. Each one has its own story and I love all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Quote:

Originally Posted by reneaumommy (Post 15782307)
I have a twin size one my grandmother made me when I was little. DS has a twin size on his bed that I bought on ebay. I have several baby size ones also. 2 made by my grandma and one I bought on ebay.

That is so cool. And so sweet. I love that they have stories. I have always pictured me and my future(and now) dh cuddled up together on the couch watching tv wrapped in a quilt. Or cuddling with my kids and reading a book together wrapped in one. I am currently hunting on ebay.

kai_e 10-07-2012 06:25 PM

My mom quilts and has done one for me, each of the boys, finished a quilt of my MILs that was half done for DH and a wedding one. So yeah, we have 5. :blush:

DH jokes that the price of having the basement as an IL suite is that she has to make us a quilt a year forever.

LittleABC 10-07-2012 06:30 PM

Can someone pm me and help me to figure out what I should be looking for when looking to buy a quilt?

mama_to_DJM 10-07-2012 06:34 PM

Nope, no quilt here. :) None of the 5 people in my family have one.

Done at 3 10-07-2012 06:51 PM

I quilt and have tops for all of us that need to be backed and quilted. I gave them as gifts to family members the last couple of years. I love quilting!

alwaysfallingup 10-07-2012 06:51 PM

My little ones are each sleeping under a handmade quilt right now. DD1 is sleeping under a quilt her Great-Great Grandma made, and DD2 is sleeping under one her Great-Grandma made. I have several, and I feel blessed to have them. Sometimes I think maybe I should put them away to keep them safe, but I think my loved ones made them to see them used and loved and to keep their family warm, so that's what I do.

stevensmom 10-07-2012 06:52 PM

we have a TON of quilts. I quilt so that's why :giggle2:

but a majority are from my MIL or my sister's MIL that are in our house.