Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Why is it so hard!!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451479)

armywife21 10-07-2012 05:43 PM

Why is it so hard!!!!

To destash my diapers! I have made several purchases and I say I'm going to sell this, this, and this but when it comes to it I can't seem to let go! :giggle: For example I like the best bottoms but don't reach for them but yet I need them for my diaper bag even though we never go anywhere and my flips would work just as fine LOL. :headscratch:

SamanthaLove88 10-07-2012 05:48 PM

Re: Why is it so hard!!!!

It absolutely is! I sold you my one size piddle poddle stash and bout cried :( I don't know why but I get the same way with giving away/selling things my last has grown out of. Maybe its because I know he's the last one :cry:

qsefthuko 10-07-2012 06:06 PM

The things I buy I have no issues with getting rid of them. The things I made are another story.

I am not sure I will be able to give up my son's me knit woolies. I know my fingers have been over every inch of his woolies. I kinda feel like I am still holding him when he wears them. A hug that lasts as long as they are on.

hishouseholdsix 10-07-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qsefthuko (Post 15782460)
The things I buy I have no issues with getting rid of them. The things I made are another story.

I am not sure I will be able to give up my son's me knit woolies. I know my fingers have been over every inch of his woolies. I kinda feel like I am still holding him when he wears them. A hug that lasts as long as they are on.

I love this statement, it's spot on for how I feel about anything I've made for my kids :)

And yeah, I'm feeling the same way about letting go of a lot of my kids things. I think it's definitely because I know I'm not having anymore babies.

armywife21 10-07-2012 06:26 PM

Aww well trust me mama the piddle poddles are in a safe and loving home now and they are not going anywhere for a very long time! I am having another baby this spring so don't think its the last baby thing its just odd. I LOVE the statement about the things you made being like a hug. That is really sweet!

keen1981 10-07-2012 06:41 PM

Why can I not get rid of two piddle poodles if you two are tearing up over them?!! ;) lol

SamanthaLove88 10-07-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armywife21 (Post 15782524)
Aww well trust me mama the piddle poddles are in a safe and loving home now and they are not going anywhere for a very long time! I am having another baby this spring so don't think its the last baby thing its just odd. I LOVE the statement about the things you made being like a hug. That is really sweet!

:) good! I'm so glad!!

armywife21 10-07-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keen1981 (Post 15782579)
Why can I not get rid of two piddle poodles if you two are tearing up over them?!! ;) lol

I don't see the 2 piddle poddles you have. I looked and didn't see anything. :giggle: Not that I NEED diapers :giggle: