Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Kind of disappointed (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451505)

cher0105 10-07-2012 07:35 PM

Kind of disappointed

I have been looking for size medium (yellow edge) Imagine bamboo prefolds for months. A friend of mine raved about how trim they are. I finally found them and bought them. I trifolded and put in one of my bGs and it was way to big/bulky! Same in my Flip, both on the largest rise.

Clearly the mediums are too big. I think I want to sell them already! But I don't know if there is interest and I don't know if I am missing something I can do with pfs. I think they are just going to sit here though...I use pockets and Flips. I was looking for something trim and not mf to out in the bGs, bonus if I can use them in the Flips.

Should I even stalk the smalls? I love bamboo...some of my favorite doublers are bamboo.

I am bummed. :~

togetherinthelandofoz 10-07-2012 07:42 PM

Re: Kind of disappointed

I know what you mean. I was hoping the mediums would trifold nicely for nighttime in my Imse Vimse Medium overs but they are just about an inch too long. I love the bamboo/cotton. It doesn't sound like they'll be getting the smalls in for a long time. I hope to find some on FSOT but for now, I'm just considering cutting the mediums off about an inch and trying them out that way. I'm going to serge or zig zag the raw edge. If you don't sew yourself, I know you can send them of to be shortened, but to save on shipping, I think it would be easy and probably not expensive for a local seamstress to cut them to the size you want. I'm thinking it's a good idea, rather than loose money on selling/shipping them.

lynn97 10-07-2012 07:42 PM

PFs will never be super-trim. I would hold onto them and see how you like them after your LO grows into them. You might like flats better if your LO isn't a HW and trimmers is important to you.

cher0105 10-07-2012 08:03 PM

Thanks ladies! I appreciate the input...I am now debating shortening them. I don't sew but my SIL is a seamstress in her spare time. Never thought of that.

RockinLou 10-07-2012 08:20 PM

I would hang on to them, wait for LO to grow into them or use them with a snappi or pins, which they will probably fit that way long before trifolded. I loke to always have a half dozen prefolds that fit, so if LO gets rashy and I want to put something on him that will require an aggressive wash routine to get it out, I can just abuse my prefolds and not all of our nicer fluff. Prefolds are expensive to ship, I'd hang onto them!

boysniris 10-07-2012 08:39 PM

What about folding them the other way?