Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Do your SO's pants (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451536)

z2akids 10-07-2012 09:16 PM

Do your SO's pants

cover their underwear?

I encountered a lot of the pants halfway to the knees on men when I was taking classes at a local community college. But, it isn't something I normally encounter in the rest of my life.

I ask because there was a young man (I would guess 21 years old or so) at my son's football game yesterday. He was there with a young woman and 3 little kids, at least one of whom called him dad. You could almost see the leg ends of his boxers his pants were so low.

Just curious because I don't see this in my encounters with other parents and see it more as a high school fashion statement.

somo_chickenlady 10-07-2012 09:21 PM

Re: Do your SO's pants

Yep, his pants cover his underwear at all times. So does DS' pants. We do not allow sagging in our house.

Pull up your pants!!!

Dawndelion 10-07-2012 09:24 PM

My SO's pants cover his underwear.

My little (30yo) brother's however do not. And he's a good dad to two little girls with a third on the way. Not my style choice (and we tease him regularly) but apparently it is his.

Only 10-07-2012 09:25 PM

Yes, otherwise I would have not reproduced with him.

irishmama2 10-07-2012 09:28 PM

My DHs boxers are always covered. We just had this discussion the other day because I was listening to a radio shw that said This trend started in prisons and was a sign of being "available" :roflmbo:

MatildasMum 10-07-2012 09:31 PM

yes. but - my husband is 42. ;)

EmilytheStrange 10-07-2012 09:31 PM

Yes :)

He's a military man and it's fairly obvious at all times. Well, maybe that's the hair :) but he doesn't show off his knickers

EmilytheStrange 10-07-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishmama2
My DHs boxers are always covered. We just had this discussion the other day because I was listening to a radio shw that said This trend started in prisons and was a sign of being "available" :roflmbo:

Oh yes - I've heard this as well.

Makes you wonder if people who do it know that.

z2akids 10-07-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatildasMum (Post 15783239)
yes. but - my husband is 42. ;)

Yeah. I hear you. Mine is 46.

newmommy13 10-07-2012 09:38 PM

Nothing like you are mentioning but hes scrawny so if he doesn't have a shirt on I might catch a peek at the to of the waist bands. A half inch or less maybe? Certainly not below the hem of his un tucked shirt.

I will never understand this. Especially the gentlemen who walk down the street limping like they have a peg leg (not an artificial limb. Like pirate style.) while either holding their pants up at the front or just casually placing their hand on top of their genitalia. Wtf?