Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   I washed 12 pair of woolies today!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451553)

10Newtons 10-07-2012 11:29 PM

I washed 12 pair of woolies today!!

Thanks to who ever posted about washing woolies in their machine! I got brave and did it...and will never look back!

My woolies have never been so clean!!:mrgreen:

seacat 10-08-2012 12:19 AM

Re: I washed 12 pair of woolies today!!

Yep it is awesome.

tasundance 10-08-2012 12:22 AM

Tell me more! I have 10 pair that need a good cleaning and Im kinda dreading it.

stephy2241 10-08-2012 12:31 AM

Thats the best!!!

aLittleBouncingSoul 10-08-2012 08:26 AM

That's awesome! Yay for clean woolies :)

boysniris 10-08-2012 08:57 AM

Wool in the washer that gets clean and not wrecked = :yay: :yay: :yay: The washing is why I steer clear :hide: (except for my own wool sweaters, since I generally don't grub around in them LOL)

treegirl75 10-08-2012 10:06 AM

Woohoo! It really does make life easier, doesn't it? :)

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own

stevensmom 10-08-2012 10:07 AM

its awesome isn't it...and the dry time is cut way down for being spun out

JoyfulRose 10-08-2012 11:28 AM

Nice! How do you wash them in the washer? I've always used the spin cycle after washing them in the sink but the washer for everything would be a lot faster!

10Newtons 10-08-2012 12:16 PM

I have an OLD, top loading Maytag washer. I timed the gentle cicle on it and it really only agitates for 4 min total....2 min at the beginning and 2 min at the end.

So I set it to gentle (8min cycle total), warm/cold. I actually used just a bit of Dawn because I had some new to us woolies that I really wanted to make sure were clean. Um...yea, they were gross...but that is a whole dif post! lol

When the machine started to agitate, I counted 10sec, opened the lid and let everything stop. They closed the lid....counted to 10sec....opened and let rest. I repeated for the entire 2 min. Then let them sit. When it was time to agitate again, I did the same thing. Finished with a spin! CLEAN WOOLIES!!! WOOHOOO!!

I even filled the tub again, added my wool wash...agitated for 2 min (above method) and let everything sit. Lanolized with no lano-balls! :)

I did hand knits, machine knits, and interlock. Everything can out great! I think I can justify a wool obsession now. :D

My only nightmare is if I ever get called away and forget that I am washing wool... I think I will only do it when I know DH is around to monitor kiddos. :)