Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   walk me through shipping internationally (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451574)

AZmommy 10-08-2012 01:34 AM

walk me through shipping internationally

So I'm going to try mailing a FSOT item overseas.. From my intial research it looks like I can send it first class still for around $5 but I'm stumped on DC..It looks like I can do eaither a certificate of mail with is way less but then it jsut seems to confirm somthing went out but not any ability to tract if lost ect... The other is sending registered mail which is a lot more basically doubling the orginal FSOT price? Is this the only option. Mama says she will pay the difference but is their another way?

Its going from the USA to Austria if that matters.

Deanna

5PrincessMommy 10-08-2012 01:46 AM

I ship first class international and nothing extra. I ship internationally daily on eBay and have never encountered a problem. On here DC is only required for domestic sales

2+2macht4 10-08-2012 02:21 AM

Re: walk me through shipping internationally

DS rules do not require dc on international purchases. That said not all ds mamas are willing to ship international first class without priority you cannot get dc. You could opt for a third party insurance.

Personally if I may be honest for a moment as an international mom, I will not pay more then first class, I will not pay for extras. I have extensive positive feedback, I get hosed enough on international shipping I am happy to of course pay the difference between international and domestic postage, I will not pay so much more for dc. I am better of then buying new in europe most times after international shipping and customs if charged priority.

you have to decide what you as a seller are comfortable with. Your other option is flat rate envelope for about 16 which is priority and could have dc2. But food for thought dc only tracks to the boarder so she pays 3 times shipping and you still have no upates once it leaves the US until delivered. dc is not tracking.

There is no right or wrong answer here. I personally would consider the value of the item when weighing my options. It is tough, but international mamas really get hosed on shipping I would be sad to see sellers only shipping priority.

:)

2+2macht4 10-08-2012 02:24 AM

You can also give the buyer the choice to add on the extra insurance ect, but do not get any flase assurances as quiet frankly it does not take the liability away from the seller with paypal.

AZmommy 10-08-2012 10:40 AM

Thanks I'm giving her the choice of jsut a simple first class shipping or adding the $11 DC.. Honestly even if she was able to buy this brand new it would (in the USA) cost her about $27 (I asked for $14 in the listing) washed but never worn... So too be adding another $11 seems overkill but I'll allow her the choice.
I'm giving the choice of $16 FC only (my shipping cost is still doubling) or $25 with DC.. does that seem reasonable and kosher?

DEanna

Deanna

2+2macht4 10-09-2012 04:54 AM

Thats sounds fine, international buyers, expect or should expect to pay any difference in shipping.

I once paid 45 usd in shipping of 15 flip organic insterts, it was still cheaper then buying used and especially new in euro.

As international we have to look at the whole picture cost used, shipping, buying new with shipping ect to decide if something is a deal or not, but as a seller you do not need to worry about any of that just let her know shipping to canada is an additional 2 dollars.

expaik 10-09-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenajean1 (Post 15783667)
Your other option is flat rate envelope for about 16 which is priority and could have dc2. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe flat rate envelope and small flat rate priority boxes do not come with delivery confirmation for international.

Only Medium and higher. (or non-flat rate priority)

2+2macht4 10-09-2012 07:49 AM

I thought all priority had the option for dc, I will sk the other mods perhaps they know :)

expaik 10-09-2012 07:55 AM

Here's the link:

https://www.usps.com/send/priority-m...ional-flat.htm

See fine print. Delivery confirmation not available for SFRB or FRE. I also remember seeing this in eBay and paypal whenever I attempted to create a label for FRE's internationally. Only regular priority, MFRB, and LFRB get DC.

c&w's mama 10-27-2012 01:37 PM

I appreciate the thread... helpful for people who have never mailed a package internationally! sorry because this is a duplicate post to another thread I found, but is it necessary to pay a tax or tariff because you're selling goods? I can't quite figure this out-- I'm getting different answers depending on who I ask (and in my case, I just want to mail US to Canada)... TIA.

got my answer in another post!