Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Recommend your double stroller (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451579)

DecsMama 10-08-2012 04:40 AM

Recommend your double stroller

I am looking for a double stroller for DS who is 19 mo and our new arrival expected in February. I don't know if I want side by side or one in front of the other. What do you recommend and why?

krismark0 10-08-2012 05:15 AM

Re: Recommend your double stroller

Quote:

Originally Posted by DecsMama (Post 15783743)
I am looking for a double stroller for DS who is 19 mo and our new arrival expected in February. I don't know if I want side by side or one in front of the other. What do you recommend and why?

I have the Phil and Teds and I never really used it because it is so heavy/bulky and I only have one child so far. However, my friend has been borrowingit for her two children and she seemed to like it a lot. It doesn't take up any more "aisle space" than a regular stroller. Basically it's about the same size as a regular stroller overall.

That being said, it was really expensive and its hard to fold. I will use it when my new one arrive in February, but If I had to choose over again I might think about something else.

knodceo 10-08-2012 05:18 AM

We have a sit and stand...I like it ok. I think the city walks are better

kangasox 10-08-2012 05:26 AM

We have a sit and stand and a maclaren twin techno. I much prefer the maclaren (side by side) but baby can't sit in it until it can sit up well. I find the sit and stand very unwieldy.

DecsMama 10-08-2012 06:37 AM

I should have included that we are looking for one around $200 or less if possible. I don't know if that's a realistic goal.

abunchoflemons 10-08-2012 07:20 AM

I have fisher price comfort lite & tandem. Stadium seat. I like lots even though not expecting til u. Some more new ones fold up like single which I didn't know. We were needing diff car anyway though. Pretty light even 4 me. Ummm I just thougt behind would work. Better. If middle was older I would have lookerd at sit & stand I. Think.

hishouseholdsix 10-08-2012 08:23 AM

I had the Graco Duo-Glider when DS was born. It was nice to have something that would hold the baby carrier, but it was really heavy and difficult to maneuver being so long. I got a Baby Trend side by side jogger this past summer and I love it. It's lighter and much easier to push, it turns much easier too. I know that one is available at Walmart for under $200, but in not sure if it would be a good fit for a newborn. Just thought I would put my 2 cents in on the side by side vs one in front of the other debate :) HTH!

luvsviola 10-08-2012 09:21 AM

I sparkley heart the baby jogger city mini. Huge sun canopy. Tall seats. Easy fold. Amazing push. Worth.every.penny.

TinyHineyDiapers 10-08-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvsviola
I sparkley heart the baby jogger city mini. Huge sun canopy. Tall seats. Easy fold. Amazing push. Worth.every.penny.

Omgosh sparkly heart, you made me giggle! I've never heard that one before I'm so going to say that now :-p

mommy2sammy 10-08-2012 04:30 PM

I love my baby jogger city select with the doubles kit. It's more than $200, but worth every penny. You might find one on CL? I can use it as a single or double and it has run flats and shocks. Turns on a dime and never gets stuck. It's so easy to fold and reconfigure and has awesome canopies. And the handbrake is great!