Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Question?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451580)

Dani_Phen 10-08-2012 04:54 AM

Question??

So I've been testing for O with wondfo ovulation test strips. My OB has been helping me figure out my crazy cycle and she said I should have been ovulation on friday so I came home and tested for O and got two dark dark lines. I've tested everyday since and have had 2 dark lines...?? I thought the lines were only dark if you are ovulating and that you only ovulate one day of the month? Someone explain please? Thanks in advance!!!

MyM&W 10-08-2012 05:54 AM

How many days has it been positive? I've heard it can stay positive for several days..but you ovulate about 24hrs after the positive test.
Are you pregnant? Pregnancy can make opks positive also...hope this helps!

carlycurry 10-08-2012 06:14 AM

Re: Question??

Some women have a longer LH surge than others so their OPK will show a positive for longer... your body could be gearing up to O and just hasn't released that egg yet. I would keep BD'ing until at least a day after you aren't getting true positives anymore.

Dani_Phen 10-08-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyM&W (Post 15783798)
How many days has it been positive? I've heard it can stay positive for several days..but you ovulate about 24hrs after the positive test.
Are you pregnant? Pregnancy can make opks positive also...hope this helps!

We added up the day and I was on CD#14 on Friday so she told me to go home, test and BD. I tested, it was positve for O and we BD'd. We've been everyother night since. 4 days positive. I'm not preggo. I've had bloodwork done and just had a period 2 weeks ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlycurry (Post 15783831)
Some women have a longer LH surge than others so their OPK will show a positive for longer... your body could be gearing up to O and just hasn't released that egg yet. I would keep BD'ing until at least a day after you aren't getting true positives anymore.

Thanks. :) The OB told me to BD everyother day until the 29th then take a hpt and if it's neg and I haven't gotten a period, I'm to go in on Nov 2nd for a bloodtest...then I start provera and clomid if it's negative.

l_Kimmie_l 10-08-2012 09:13 AM

Are you sure they were all positive and not just darker than you were getting when ovulation was not near. I get close to positive (test line is slightly lighter than control line) for a few days on my OPKS some cycles. THe test line has to be as dark or darker than the control. Almost as dark is still considered negative, even though it is dark.

Many days of a positive LH test is indicitive of PCOS and means you may not ovulate. I know that sounds weird, but it is common for those with PCOS to have this happen. I had that happen before I went on Clomid to get #2. I used to get 4-5 days of positive OPKs per cycle.

Dani_Phen 10-08-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l (Post 15784429)
Are you sure they were all positive and not just darker than you were getting when ovulation was not near. I get close to positive (test line is slightly lighter than control line) for a few days on my OPKS some cycles. THe test line has to be as dark or darker than the control. Almost as dark is still considered negative, even though it is dark.

Many days of a positive LH test is indicitive of PCOS and means you may not ovulate. I know that sounds weird, but it is common for those with PCOS to have this happen. I had that happen before I went on Clomid to get #2. I used to get 4-5 days of positive OPKs per cycle.

Interesting. Thanks!! The line was darker than the control line for sure today but it was just a hair lighter (though still very dark) against the control line the last 3 days. I also have had minor cramping last night and today. I suppose that would mean I am ovulating today then?

l_Kimmie_l 10-08-2012 11:17 AM

Yes - you would be ovulating 12-48 hours from today. Get to BDing!!! LOL!

Dani_Phen 10-08-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l (Post 15784997)
Yes - you would be ovulating 12-48 hours from today. Get to BDing!!! LOL!

Yes Ma'am! ;) :giggle:

Dani_Phen 10-09-2012 05:16 AM

So a little TMI...we BD'd around lunch time yesterday when he came home for lunch about 2 -3 hours after I got the dark dark line. Last night I tested for O again and got the lightest line since friday and then this morning it was even lighter. I suppose that means I O'd and now it's a matter of waiting to see if we get a BFP this month. We plan to continue BDing everyother day until the end of the month like my OB said then testing but I'm not sure I can wait that long!! I'll probably test next week. ;)

crunchymamaNY 10-09-2012 05:22 AM

I'm just curious as to why the OB would say bd every other day? Why not as often as possible, and daily? I tell ya, if my OB told my husband to bd every day this month, he'd be pretty excited LOL!