Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Nanas bottom diapers? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451586)

Tclem75 10-08-2012 07:12 AM

Nanas bottom diapers?

Hi! Looking into buy a bunch of nanas bottom diapers, but need some recs on which materials to use. I would likes stay dry inside so I'm assuming suede or fleece? For the insert I'd like something absorbant that doesn't hold stink like microfiber, but also doesn't take forever to dry. Does anyone have any experiance with the drying time on these? Does getting the back left open help? Any info would be appreciated, thank you!

juliasmom 10-08-2012 11:31 AM

Re: Nanas bottom diapers?

I love my Nanas Bottoms! I have a dozen fitteds and haven't tried her AIOs but it seems like they are the same design with a PUL outer. I also don't care for stay dry, so I can't help you there. All of my fitteds are bamboo soakers and velour inners and outers. I would think any of the soakers options would be less stinky than microfiber, but cotton sherpa or birdseye would be the most stink proof. Bamboo would be more absorbent than cotton and less stinky than hemp, so that might be a compromise. My only only only complaint about NBs is they will take forever to dry...it is the nature of the one piece design.

nissa 10-08-2012 11:40 AM

Love my Nana's Bottoms too! They were almost my son's entire stash, and we have several for my daughter too. I can't speak to whether or not getting the back left open helps, but the only downside to them for us is the super long drying time. I usually run them through one full cycle and then let them finish air drying, just to cut down on the time they spend in a hot dryer. Not a big deal, we make it work, and we love them so much that it doesn't make a huge difference. I don't have stay-dry inners, but you would definitely want the microfleece or suedecloth if that's what you're looking for. I agree with PP, my sherpa and birdseye inners have always been stink-free, and they are probably a best bet for drying slightly faster.

bcb1961 10-08-2012 01:11 PM

I don't have any NB with the back open, but that's how the BG AIOs are, and it drastically reduces dry time. I just turn them inside out before going in the dryer.

Alikhlas 10-08-2012 01:32 PM

I have Birdseye and Sherpa soakers with a mix of Birdseye/velour/cotton knit inners on mine. I'm finding my dd is becoming a hold-n-flooder sometimes (or just pees a lot at the wrong times lol) so I wish I wouldn't sucked it up and paid the $2-3 more for hemp soakers. The velour inners act kinda stay dry and don't get wash wear so they look great after lots of uses. I have 2 with the back open and it kind of helps dry time but it also changes the fit a little bc the rise gets lower and you have to pull up the back when putting it on.

If I was to get these made again, I'd get all velour inners and hemp soakers and have her adjust the tabs/rise bc my dd is between a med and small. They are overall great dipes though! I'd throw in some fitteds and covers and be happy with a full stash of nbs!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Tclem75 10-08-2012 05:13 PM

Thank you guys so much! Do I think the opening in the back is worth it or would u skip it? How long exactly is the drying time?

onegratefulmama 10-08-2012 05:24 PM

I had her convert some toddler prefolds into AIO's :wub: them! You could have her add a doubler for increased absorbency. I put mine in the dryer for 2 cycles then hang to dry overnight on a laundry room clothes line - I do the same with all my AIO's and prefitteds. She's so awesome to work with! I don't have them opened in the back I'm not a pockets type person.

Alikhlas 10-08-2012 05:45 PM

Also, I've noticed that sometimes these dry in one regular cycle and sometimes they need a boost. Driers work based on how full they are/weight of contents in relation to their capacity, so if you add a couple of towels or dry diapers with a load of clothes or sheets, they'll likely dry in one cycle.

mrspopo 10-08-2012 06:12 PM

I got some fitteds with velour outer, suede inner, hemp soaker, and opening in the back. I like them for the price, but dont love them. The suede is wonderful, and the hemp is very absorbant. But they take forever to dry. The pocket opening is nice but i dont really need extra absorbancy and it gives it a little unfinished look. Im not a fan of the velour outter.

Overall i think they are a good diaper for the cost

MegBee 10-09-2012 10:20 AM

I really love nanas bottoms. They're my favorite all in one! My fav combo is birdseye soaker with suede cloth inner, but I really want to try the new prefold to aio option. As for the open pocket: DO IT! Seriously, I turn them inside out to dry quicker. It doesn't change the appearance of the diaper. I have had both no pocket and open pocket and they dry much faster.