Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Labor, Delivery & Postpartum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   peri bottle question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451623)

Kiliki 10-08-2012 08:18 AM

peri bottle question

So the other thread got me thinking...

I liked the peri bottle after birth, but I wanted the contents warm before I used it. ...and it seemed like an awful lot of work to turn on the sink, wait for it to get warm, rinse out the bottle, and then fill it.... just so I could pee and then use the peri bottle. So I just didn't really use it.

Am I thinking about this wrong or something?

I am really not too keen on pouring room temp or cold water on my lady bits after giving birth...

So, you make this nice tea concoction and it soothes you. How do you keep it warm in the bottle? Am I over thinking this?

abunchoflemons 10-08-2012 09:06 AM

Re: peri bottle question

I used warm at hospital but at home it takes long time to heat (old house). Its up to u. If u have coffee pot (small) u could put water thyrouh & mix with cool so not too hot. Coffee pot 4 me not take long to heat. Otherwise Idk. I think room temp wouldntt be as bad as really cold stuff.

Nvidaoc 10-08-2012 10:12 AM

A garage sale bottle warmer

Kiliki 10-08-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nvidaoc (Post 15784756)
A garage sale bottle warmer

oh hey that is brilliant actually.

jill_wv 10-08-2012 10:21 AM

If it's wintertime and you are using heat put the filled peri bottle on the furnace vent and just keep it there. Then when you need to use it it's already warmed and ready to go. My sis did this after her births. She also kept the baby's bottle on the furnace vent with only water in it so at night when the baby wanted to eat she grabbed the warmed bottle from the vent and mixed the powder in.

Kiliki 10-08-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jill_wv (Post 15784789)
If it's wintertime and you are using heat put the filled peri bottle on the furnace vent and just keep it there. Then when you need to use it it's already warmed and ready to go. My sis did this after her births. She also kept the baby's bottle on the furnace vent with only water in it so at night when the baby wanted to eat she grabbed the warmed bottle from the vent and mixed the powder in.

we're in FL so our AC runs pretty much year-round, except maybe 6 - 8 wks/yr, when it is cool. We rarely use the heat, maybe 1-2 wks if it gets REALLY cold, and then it is central heat, which comes out of the air ducts in the ceiling.

I want warm water, not room temp - which is usually around 70-78 degrees in our house.

stevensmom 10-08-2012 10:27 AM

yeah I needed warm water too...I ended up just waiting for the tap to get warm. But maybe microwave a coffee cup of water and place the bottle inside it

Heather8183 10-08-2012 01:35 PM

thermos or carafe?

HeatherlovesCDs 10-08-2012 02:12 PM

I use hot water because I find that when I squirt it, the water feels colder on me than it did going in the bottle. I just wait for the water to get warm in the sink. But, I don't rinse out the bottle. It always just had water it. So, I feel like it's clean. I just wait about 30 secs and then put the bottle under the facet. It never seemed like all that long to me.

The bottle warmer sounds like a great idea though. You could also keep water warm in a crock pot, maybe?

Kiliki 10-09-2012 08:13 AM

I guess I just can't imagine having to PEE!! and running in the bathroom trying to contort myself to avoid peeing my pants, while I turn on the faucet and wait for it to warm up. :giggle:

I do love the bottle warmer idea. I could just leave that in the bathroom easily.