Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Leappad2 or Innotab2 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451635)

happmama26 10-08-2012 08:49 AM

Leappad2 or Innotab2

We're considering buying DS3 and DS5 either the LeapPad2 or the Innotab2 for Christmas. Does anyone have experience with either or both? My niece has the original Innotab and it seems a little slow at times.

Gothmommy 10-08-2012 08:53 AM

I don't own either, but I've been comparison shopping for a tablet for my kids. Both of these use batteries, and a lot of reviewers say they eat them like crazy, so I'm actually thinking of getting them 'real' tablets - but no-name brands.

This message won't self destruct in 30 seconds.

jbug_4 10-08-2012 09:59 AM

Re: Leappad2 or Innotab2

We're looking at these too. Can't wait to see what everyone says.

happmama26 10-08-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gothmommy (Post 15784334)
I don't own either, but I've been comparison shopping for a tablet for my kids. Both of these use batteries, and a lot of reviewers say they eat them like crazy, so I'm actually thinking of getting them 'real' tablets - but no-name brands.

I don't think a regular tablet would hold up to my boys, especially DS5. I'm hoping that the LeapPad2 or Innotab2 are made to withstand more than regular tablets.

I'm also thinking that rechargeable batteries will be a must.

blackbirdmama*3 10-08-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happmama26 (Post 15785412)
I don't think a regular tablet would hold up to my boys, especially DS5. I'm hoping that the LeapPad2 or Innotab2 are made to withstand more than regular tablets.

I'm also thinking that rechargeable batteries will be a must.

We got dd an Innotab last year (I know not the same as the 2) and she played with it for a little while. It does eat batteries like crazy so we did get rechargeable. She got bored with it after a couple of months and plays our Kindle Fire much more often. I got an otterbox for it and even before the otterbox all 3 of my children played with it and it has held up. My girl is often rougher with things than my boys ever were.

jill_wv 10-08-2012 12:50 PM

:popcorn:

I'm wanting to get DD either the innotab 2 or leappad 2 for Christmas and I'm interested in hearing the responses.
DD will be 3 in Feb, so does anyone have an opinion on ages, do you think DD is too young for one?

mommycass 10-08-2012 01:38 PM

We got the Leappad for DS/8 and DD/4 for Christmas last year. They both still work great and they love them. I bought velcro to put on the backs and in the cases so they can stay in the case while playing most of time. DD loves the camera and video recorder on it. The batteries seem to last ok, not great, they get weeks of playtime with fresh batteries but don't play every day. We really need to get rechargeable batteries. They both have been dropped and no issues. DS had the explorer first and we had screen issues after about a year. We're going to get some new games for them for christmas and the pink purse case for DD:)

kiwi87 10-08-2012 01:47 PM

LeapPad2 if the camera is really important to you. If you don't care about the camera, I think the Innotab2 is better.

escapethevillage 10-08-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi87 (Post 15785680)
LeapPad2 if the camera is really important to you. If you don't care about the camera, I think the Innotab2 is better.

I don't know much about either.. but, all the little kids I know would LOVE a camera.

Also, consider an Ipod touch. Maybe a refurbished one?

mekat 10-08-2012 02:29 PM

My son has an Ipad. I considered the kiddie versions but honestly didn't like their limited features, not to mention the small screen sizes. My son goes through spurts of interest but thankfully since it is a full fledged tablet I can make use of it when he doesn't want to play with it. I originally intended it to only be for him but really I use it way more then he does however he always has dibs and if he wants it he gets first crack at it.