Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   When did your morning sickness start to leave? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451660)

leyash 10-08-2012 09:38 AM

When did your morning sickness start to leave?

I'm somewhere between 9 weeks 3 days, and 9 weeks 6 days right now. Today is the second day in a row that I haven't really felt sick. My little "bump" has also gone down as well. My breasts are still tender, and I also seem to have a little more energy.

While most moms would be excited about this, I'm a little nervous. I fear that this is a sign of something really bad to come. :( I know I should stop worrying, but I just can't, this is driving me crazy!

When did your morning sickness start to subside?

brookglen 10-08-2012 09:50 AM

Re: When did your morning sickness start to leave?

My went down substantially at 10 weeks and then was completely gone by 14 weeks. Before 10 weeks it was the worst sickness I've ever experienced.

brookglen 10-08-2012 09:53 AM

Also, are you on the pregnancy after a loss thread? If not you should definitely join up because we have all been where you are and have so much support to offer. It might help put your mind at ease a little but.

leyash 10-08-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brookglen (Post 15784638)
My went down substantially at 10 weeks and then was completely gone by 14 weeks. Before 10 weeks it was the worst sickness I've ever experienced.

I've had a couple of days where I felt fine for the most part... but right now it totally seems like it's gone. Yesterday I had tamales, veggies (which make me sick normally), and dairy (has been a big no no so far), and none of it bothered me! It was really strange.

Van1300 10-08-2012 10:29 AM

Not until 18 weeks. And I still wake up dry heaving 1-2 times a week, even now at 33 weeks. I'm just lucky I guess :)

brookglen 10-08-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leyash (Post 15784718)
I've had a couple of days where I felt fine for the most part... but right now it totally seems like it's gone. Yesterday I had tamales, veggies (which make me sick normally), and dairy (has been a big no no so far), and none of it bothered me! It was really strange.

I don't think morning sickness or lack there of is a good indicator of a healthy pregnancy, although there is definitely some dispute about that. I've always gotten sick while pregnant, but my friend who is currently 8 weeks pregnant with twins has not a single symptom. I've heard of women who had a few days here and there and then there are women who have all the symptoms in the book and go on to miscarry anyway. If you're truly concerned then it is better safe than sorry to put a call into your doctor, but really unless you're cramping and bleeding then things are probably just fine.

I can totally relate though. I'm 23 weeks into my pregnancy after losing one in March and the first 14 weeks were absolutely fraught.

leyash 10-08-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brookglen (Post 15784965)
I don't think morning sickness or lack there of is a good indicator of a healthy pregnancy, although there is definitely some dispute about that. I've always gotten sick while pregnant, but my friend who is currently 8 weeks pregnant with twins has not a single symptom. I've heard of women who had a few days here and there and then there are women who have all the symptoms in the book and go on to miscarry anyway. If you're truly concerned then it is better safe than sorry to put a call into your doctor, but really unless you're cramping and bleeding then things are probably just fine.

I can totally relate though. I'm 23 weeks into my pregnancy after losing one in March and the first 14 weeks were absolutely fraught.

I'm a nervous wreck through this whole thing. No cramping, bleeding, pain, or anything. Just... not feeling pregnant today. :/ Ergh. I hate this.

brookglen 10-08-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leyash (Post 15785004)
I'm a nervous wreck through this whole thing. No cramping, bleeding, pain, or anything. Just... not feeling pregnant today. :/ Ergh. I hate this.

Im sorry, its so hard to move past a loss. You should definitely check out pregnancy after a loss then. It totally helped me not lose my mind.

EmilytheStrange 10-08-2012 01:19 PM

I randomly had times when I felt 110%. One night at the fair, I ate a hamburger and voila! all pregnancy symptoms left for a few days. That was at about 8 weeks, I guess.

then they would return. As for when to feel completely better for the remainder of the pregnancy? Well, with DD, that was at about 13 weeks. For this baby, I'm 14 weeks now and it's almost worse.

so... varies :)